[Blue Diamond × toddler reader part 3]

[#59: The Human Part 3]

Three months. You'd been living with Blue Diamond and Pearl for three months. You could speak a bit better now, but only a few more words than before. You would hang out with the Quartzes a lot-- they were a lot of fun.

But your favorite people were definitely Blue and Pearl. Often, Blue would be away doing leader things, which made you sad and even a little angry. You wanted Blue all to yourself, and you couldn't achieve that if she was always tending to gems.

You had special access to every room in the building, except for the door that opened to space. They didn't want you to accidentally get yourself sucked out into the void, because it would be a tragedy for everyone there.

Blue was at an important meeting right then. You knew that, but you couldn't care less. You just wanted attention. You walked through doors until you came across the meeting room. You opened the door, being greeted by two diamonds and a few other gems who all looked over at you.

"(Y/N), please. I don't have the time right now," Blue spoke softly, guilty that she always said that never had the time. You pouted and crossed your arms over your chest.

"I want Blue!" you whined, stomping your foot on the ground. Blue sighed, "I know you do, my (Y/N). But I have a meeting right now..." You frowned, "Blue always has meeting. Blue don't like me anymore." You began to sniffle, staring down at the floor.

"Of course I like you, (Y/N)!" Blue said, standing up. She completely forgot of her meeting and knelt down to let you sit in the palm of her hand. You stood with your back facing away from her, pouting and trying not to cry.

"I'm sorry... I did not intend to damage your emotions..," she cooed, stroking your hair. You felt yourself giving in to her touch and sighed.

"Blue, we need to get back to the meeting," Yellow Diamond said. She knew how much you meant to Blue; she would talk about you every chance she got. Yellow didn't exactly understand why but she couldn't help but feel a little bad that Blue never got to see you. You made Blue happy, and that's what Yellow wanted.

Blue frowned deeply. You hugged her finger, nuzzling your cheek into her. She chuckled and placed you back on the ground, "I'll be with you soon, my (Y/N)." You sadly walked out of the room.

-

It was "bedtime", as you would say. The other gems didn't understand why you called it that, only that your human guardians had taught it to you. It was Holly Blue Agate who always told you when to go to bed; it was one of her new duties. Though she would never admit it, she was actually fond of you as everyone else was and enjoyed spending what little time she did with you.

"I not sleeping 'til Blue say goodnight!" you pouted, kicking your blankets off of you. Holly sighed, "Blue is busy at the moment. You can live without her, (Y/N)." You whined and threw a pillow at the gem. She sighed as it hit her right in the face.

She opened her mouth to speak again but was interrupted by another, louder voice.

"Holly Blue Agate, thank you for tending to my human. I will take it from here," Blue spoke. Holly's eyes widened in shock and she started to sweat nervously, nodding and quickly exiting the room.

Blue entered the door with Pearl behind her. You cheered and ran over to hug Pearl, who smiled happily. You wrapped your arms as far as you could around Blue and hummed.

"I miss you, Blue," you told her, looking up at her with big, (E/C) eyes, which Blue found completely adorable. She grinned and patted your head, causing you to giggle.

"I'm here to tell you 'goodnight' as you humans would say. I know I've not been able to stay around you for a while and I apologize deeply, my (Y/N)," she said as you struggled to climb into your bed. Once you did, you popped your head out from the blankets and looked at her.

"It okay, Blue!" you assured her, smiling. She giggled softly and kissed your head, which barely worked, but neither of you cared. Blue looked over at Pearl and motioned for her to tell you goodnight, so she did. She gave you a hug and kissed your forehead.

"We will see you when you wake," Blue told you, caressing your cheek once more before exiting the room. You grinned to yourself and fell asleep in the dim room, only lit by the small nightlight in the wall that you had demanded for.

---

So I'm out for summer now, yay!!! I'll probably update more frequently because of the lack of school distractions, but I can't promise that.

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

D

on't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡