[Steven and Amethyst × preteen reader]

[#18: Amethyst and Steven]

You made your way through the city with a bag of Frybo fries in your hands. You gazed around and your eyes fell upon a woman and a boy, both small and chubby. The woman was short and purple with long, pale lavender hair that touched the ground. The boy had dark, curly hair and wore a shirt decorated with a big star on the chest. You really wanted to make some friends in your new city, so you walked up to them and waved.

"Hiya! I'm (Y/N)! I'm new here, just moved here today. Um, so, I wanted to make some friends!" you smiled, sticking your hand out to the boy.

He smiled brightly and took your hand, giving it a professional shake. He introduced himself as Steven and the purple woman as Amethyst. That would explain the Amethyst gem on her chest. You knew a bit about gems, you were a smart and curious child and had recently gotten your hands on a book about crystals and such.

"That's a really pretty name! And by the way, I love your hair," you told Amethyst. She blushed and rubbed the back of her neck, mumbling a "thanks".

"So, what are you dudes doing here? Mind if I join ya?" you asked, planting your hands on your hip. They told you that they were just walking around, looking for something their friend wanted them to find. They agreed to let you tag along.

"What are you guys looking for, anyway?" you questioned the two, raising an eyebrow and tilting your head. Steven explained that they were searching for an object that could duplicate anything. Apparently, Steven had gotten a hold of it and lost it somewhere in the city.

"Wow, that sounds cool!" you exclaimed, thinking about everything you would duplicate if you had that strange object. You followed Amethyst and Steven all around Beach City, but you didn't find anything.

Once you had been looking for about 2 hours, Amethyst suggested that you should hang out and her and Steven's place and meet their friends. You agreed, excited to be making even more friends!

When you got to their home, you studied it. There was a giant, mystical woman carved into stone. Her hands rested on the entrance. She had multiple gems all over her body. She also has extra limbs; in your opinion, she looked really cool.

You entered the house and you were greeted by two other women. One was very tall with dark hair in a cubic afro. She wore visors over her eyes as if she was trying to hide something under them. She was very pretty, but you couldn't see any gems on her like Amethyst. The other one was tall but not as tall as the first one. She was pale and skinny, with short, pink hair. She had a round, egg-shaped Pearl on her forehead.

"Oh, hello. Is this your friend, Steven?" the one who you supposed was called Pearl, because of her gem, asked the small boy.

"Um, P, they're my friend, too. Jeez," Amethyst mumbled, rolling her eyes. Pearl had always assumed a human was Steven's friend unless Amethyst had brought the human by herself.

Pearl glared at Amethyst but then turned back to you and held her hand out for a handshake. She introduced herself as Pearl, as you had suspected.

"I'm (Y/N). It's nice to meet you!" you smiled, shaking her hand. She smiled, too. You then looked over at the tallest woman, who was sitting at the counter, staring at you. You felt uncomfortable under her gaze but you didn't say anything.

"I'm Garnet. I know you're going to ask, so my gems are right here," she said, holding up her hands. Two gems were on her palms, one with a triangle cut and one with a square cut. You wondered why she had two gems when Amethyst and Pearl only had one. You also wondered why she knew what you were going to say.

"I have two gems because I'm a fusion, which is two gems fused together into one. I knew what you were going to say because I have a sort of future vision," Garnet grinned, pulling her visors down a bit and revealing three eyes. One was red, one was blue, and the third one was violet. She winked at you with the red one.

You now thought she was really awesome and you introduced yourself to her, too. She actually smiled at you, and that made you brighten even more.

"Hey, dude, wanna get the ultimate tour of The Temple by your two favorite gems?" Amethyst asked, softly elbowing you in the side. You gasped and nodded with stars in your eyes. They showed you Steven's room first; he introduced you to all of his toys and stuffed animals. You then went to Amethyst's room and marveled at the tall piles of garbage, your eyes unbelieving how gravity even allowed it.

Next, you briefly took a look at Pearl's room. You thought it definitely looked like a room Pearl would want. Finally, you saw Garnet's room. It was incredibly hot, so you couldn't stay long. They showed you some other places, mostly on the Warp Pad.

You almost flew away when you first used it, but Amethyst caught you and held you on the ground. You and the other two were both laughing and it was so much fun. But then, it started to get dark. You and Steven, being humans and all, needed sleep. So you had to return home.

"Mom! I met some new people and now I have a lot of friends. Their names are Amethyst, Steven, Garnet, and Pearl, and Garnet is a fusion of two other gems named Ruby and Sapphire! They're aliens who come from a planet called Homeworld and they're rebels and also they protect Earth from monsters! Tomorrow they said they're gonna show me even more people to be friends with, named Lapis and Peridot! I'm so excited!" you shouted to your mother, who was busy making dinner.

"Uh huh, that's nice, (Y/N). You do know that none of that is true, right? It's not possible. But I'm glad you made some friends. Go get your sister, dinner's ready," your mother ordered. You sighed and hopped off of the stool you were sitting on.

You ran to your little sister's room and she was playing with a weird object. She had multiple of the same stuffed animals everywhere, and you immediately knew that she had gotten a hold of the strange duplicating object Amethyst and Steven had been talking about.

---

Well, that's that! I actually find the ending to be amusing, honestly.

Anyone have any requests? I'm open to suggestions :P

I have the song "Just A Thought" stuck in my head R.I.P. me. It makes me so emo and i cri everytime I listen to it.

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡