[Amethyst × child reader]

[#12: Preschool]

"(Y/N)... wake uuuuup!" Amethyst whispered, shaking you. You groaned and swatted her away with your hand.

"Come on, it's your first day of Pre-K! Haha, that rhymed," Amethyst chuckled at herself. She then remembered that she was supposed to be taking you to school.

She frowned when you pulled your (F/C) blanket over your head and closed your eyes again.

She grabbed the blanket and jerked it off of you. You sat up and crossed your arms, glaring at her.

"Hey! I was trying to sleep!" you mumbled, struggling to keep your eyes open. You'd never woken up that early before.

Amethyst sighed and picked your small body up, throwing you over her shoulder. You didn't even object; you were too tired.

She set you down on a stool by the counter and went over to make you breakfast. She chose to make you regular cereal; she knew that you couldn't eat 3-year-old burritos like she could.

She placed the bowl of your favorite cereal in front of you and frowned when she noticed you had fallen asleep again. She flicked your ear and you awoke, then slowly ate your cereal.

"Come on, (Y/N)! You're so slowwww! Pearl's gonna get my a-- I mean butt-- if I don't get you to school on time!" Amethyst whined.

You rolled your eyes and ate faster. When you finished, Amethyst hurriedly shoved you into the bathroom to get ready.

You had learned to do almost everything by yourself in spite of being 5-years-old and living with 4 older people- well, three gems and one half-person.

You pulled some clothes on, brushed/combed your hair, brushed your teeth, and then stood on the stool in front of the counter and smiled at your reflection. The stool was wobbly so you ended up slipping and falling.

"(Y/N)! You okay, bud?" Amethyst asked, bursting into the room and picking you up. She set you on your feet.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Amethyst. Don't worry," you replied, giving her a smile. She smiled back. She handed you the new backpack that Pearl had bought you when going school shopping.

She then grabbed your hand and lead you outside. You trailed behind as she made her way to the school. You stopped at the doors and she turned to face you, placing her hands on your shoulders.

"(Y/N), remember what I told you to do if someone is mean to you?" she asked, staring straight into your (E/C) eyes.

"I punch 'em in the face!" you replied, giggling. She smiled proudly and nodded, patting your head.

"I feel like a proud mother..," she whispered, holding her chin up high. You laughed and hugged her tightly.

She grabbed your hand once more and pulled you inside the building, leading you to another room. She was mumbling the name of your teacher over and over to remember it.

"Ah, here it is!" she exclaimed, pointing to a room full of other children your age. Some of them were sitting quietly and shyly, some were crying for their guardians not to leave them, and some were running around playing.

You pulled Amethyst inside for a change and smiled up at your teacher. Her name was Mrs. Nueman.

"Oh, hello!" Mrs. Nueman smiled down at you. She looked bewildered when she saw Amethyst, probably because of her purple skin. But that was pretty normal.

"I'm (Y/N) and this is my um... Mom... kind of... but, anyways, her name is Amethyst! And I'm here for Pre-K!" you exclaimed, throwing your hands into the air. Mrs. Nueman giggled at you.

"It's nice to meet you, (Y/N). You're so adorable. Welcome to Pre-K, I'm Mrs. Nueman," she spoke. Amethyst had her arms crossed and actually looked... sad?

"Well, I uh- gotta go, bud. I'll be pickin' ya up after school. Pearl's orders. See ya," she said, giving you a noogie.

You laughed and playfully pushed her off. You pecked a kiss onto her cheek and she blushed a deep purple.

"See ya, Ame," you replied, and watched her as she left. She stopped at the door and gave you a small wave of her hand before disappearing.

You smiled widely and looked around at all the kids. One of them ran up to you.

"Hey, your Mom looks so cool! Why's she purple?" a small boy asked. You explained it all to him. You looked forward to going to this "Pre-K" stuff every day.

---

Hey hey hey everybody! This amazing one-shot was requested by Wolfgirl016! I know it's bad but I hope you like it!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡