[Aquamarine and Topaz × child reader]

[#62: New Parents]

"I wanna go home! Let me go!" you whined, thrashing around in the barrier of Topaz' fused body. Aquamarine sighed. You had been so whiny ever since they'd captured you, but that was basically justified since they had kidnapped you.

But you were more whiny than any of the humans. That really ticked Aquamarine off-- she was sick of you crying all the time.

"I can't wait until we get to drop these humans off," Aquamarine groaned, rubbing her temples. You continued to yell and whine.

They finally arrived at the Human Zoo. Aquamarine and Topaz had already captured a few other rounds of humans, and this was their last one-- they were grateful for that.

Topaz unfused and sent every last human down the Shoot. You were crying the whole way, very confused.

You arrived at the Human Zoo. Other humans that talked strangely and used unusual words greeted you. They somehow managed to say your name in a weird way, just as they did to every other human who had arrived from Earth.

You always pushed them away, never wanting to speak to them. You whined about wanting to go home and about the boring activities and how the food was always the same, just sometimes different colors.

You wandered the Zoo, frowning at the fact that it had barriers and wasn't vast and unending like your home planet. You found a pair of tall doors, wondering how they opened.

Would I be able to get out of here if I could open them? You asked yourself, tapping your chin. You tried many methods of getting it open, but none of them worked.

You cried about it for a while, and then got angry. You kicked the door, which sent a pain up your foot. You hopped around on the other foot while holding your injured one.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" you shouted, tears pricking at your eyes. Suddenly, the door started to make a sound. You let go of your foot and stared at the door as it groaned and opened, as if it weren't supposed to do it.

A strange world was revealed from behind the doors. You immediately scurried into the massive, bright halls and explored them.

"And that one human! (Y/N), or whatever. They were so whiny and difficult! I'm glad I won't have to see it again," a familiar voice said, sighing.

You rounded the corner to see Aquamarine talking with a few other gems, Topaz by her side. You ran up to them and shouted, "Hi guys!"

Aquamarine screamed, blushing when she realized what she'd done. She cleared her throat and looked down at you, "And what are you doing out of the Zoo?"

"It sucks in there!" you whined, "so I came out here 'cause the doors opened." Aquamarine sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose with her fingers in annoyance.

The other gems that she had been talking to were giggling, covering their mouths with their hands. Aquamarine glared at them. She opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by a loud, but soft, voice.

"What is this human doing out of the Zoo?" Blue Diamond asked softly, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. You gasped in surprise.

"Woah! You're huge!" you exclaimed. She chuckled, "Humans are so strange."

"I'm not strange! I'm a normal human!" you told her. She was only amused, finding anything you said to be adorable.

"How did you get out?" Blue Diamond asked, leaning down to be closer to you.

"The door just opened! I don't know why," you answered, rocking back and forth on your heels.

"I apologize for this mishap, my diamond. I will go and put the human back--"

"No, I like this human," Blue spoke fondly, standing up straight.

"But they're too whiny and--"

"I do not care. Since you seem so determined to get rid of them, you and your partner will now take care of them," Blue said, a warning tone in her voice.

Aquamarine and Topaz both gulped, nodding their heads. Blue took one last look at you before walking away.

"So... you guys are like my parents now!" you giggled, wrapping your arms around Topaz' leg. She grinned and ruffled your hair.

"What is 'parents'?" Aquamarine asked, her arms crossed.

"Parents are the people who take care of you," you explained, frowning, "I miss my parents."

"Oh, don't start whining again," Aquamarine groaned.

"Well... maybe we can be good 'parents' to you," Topaz suggested. That was the first time you'd heard her speak. You gasped, your eyes filling with stars.

"I love your voice! It's so pretty! I'm glad you're my parents now," you told her. She picked you up, and so you hugged her tightly.

"Whatever," Aquamarine snapped, rolling her eyes.

"Stop being a mean Mom! That's not how Moms are!" you scolded, "Topaz is being how a Mom should be." Topaz smiled proudly.

"Then how should 'Moms' be, exactly?" Aquamarine questioned, flying closer to you.

"Well... they give hugs," you said, reaching your arms out towards her. She looked at your arms and then back up at you.

"What are you doing?"

"Giving you a hug!"

You hugged her. She stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. She reluctantly hugged you back, finding it to be rather enjoyable.

"Now I say, 'I love you', and you guys have to say 'I love you, too, (Y/N)," you said. They did as they were told, even if they didn't know what "I love you" meant.

---

This was requested by GreyWindOffi. I hope you like it!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡