[Amethyst × toddler reader]

[#35: You're Not Alone]

You sat on the floor, playing with blocks. You began to build a tall tower and once you finished, you knocked it down, eager to make another one.

You reached a small, chubby hand out for a block but stopped when you heard a noise. You listened closer.

Mommy..? You thought, climbing to your feet. You slowly wobbled over to the door to the gem's rooms and pressed your ear against it.

Amethyst was crying. You knew it was her. You frowned and called for her, "Mommy! Mommy!"

The crying stopped and you waited for a few more seconds before the door opened. Amethyst stood there with slightly red, puffy eyes.

"What is it, my little munchkin? What's wrong?" she asked in a fake, happy voice. She kneeled down to your height and stared into your big, worry-filled eyes.

"Why Mommy cry?" you asked innocently. She frowned and scooped you into her arms.

"Don't worry 'bout it, kiddo. Mommy's fine," she cooed, stroking your short, (H/C) hair. You shook your head and pushed her hand away.

"Mommy not fine," you said, crossing your tiny arms over your small frame.

Amethyst sighed and carried you to the couch. She carefully sat down and cradled you in her arms.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" you asked, "I wanna help." You watched as she grinned and kissed your nose.

"You're so sweet. I always thought I might be bad, and now I'm sure that it's true. 'Cause I think you're so good, and I'm nothing like you," she mumbled.

"Mommy not bad. Mommy good! I love you! Don't cry, Mama," you told her, nuzzling yourself into her soft, lavender hair.

She held you tighter and started to cry again. You pulled away from her hair and looked into her dark eyes.

"No cry! Why you cry?" you questioned, pressing your hands against her face and wiping away her tears, "me no like when you cry."

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). I don't like when I cry, either. Just... sometimes I feel bad, and it makes me feel better to cry," she replied.

"But why you feel bad?" you asked softly, playing with her hands in your smaller ones.

"I just do. I just feel so alone sometimes. Before I met Pearl and Garnet, I was all alone. I had no one. I get memories of that sometimes and it makes me feel bad," she spoke, looking down at your tiny hands, which were wrapped around her fingers.

"You not alone no more, Mommy. I here! I no want you to feel alone, Mama. I here for you," you said, kissing her cheek.

She giggled and kissed both of your cheeks, and then kissed your forehead.

"You're so precious, (Y/N). I'm so glad I have you. You make me feel like I'm not alone. You make me not alone. You're my lil' munchkin," she chuckled, smiling down at you.

"I glad I has you, Mama," you told her, giving her a big, goofy grin. You hopped out of her lap and grabbed her hand.

You pulled her to the ground where all of your blocks were scattered about.

"Play blocks with me!" you exclaimed, handing her a purple block. She nodded, causing you to cheer.

My lil' (Y/N). She thought as you gathered blocks in your small hands and began to build a tower.

---

I really like this one. Ame is my fave.

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡