[Peridot × gem!reader]

[#64: Thunderstorms]

You stood in the barn, carefully finishing off the last bit of your new MeepMorp. You noticed the sky starting to darken, but never thought much of it.

That is, until a loud booming noise sounded.

The noise startled you. You let out a scream and ran towards your best friend and somewhat mother figure-- Peridot. You latched onto her, even if she was smaller than you, and whimpered, burying your face in her fluffy, triangle hair.

"P-Peri, what's that scary noise?" you asked in a whimper, staring at her with big, (E/C) eyes. You hadn't been on Earth very long, and this was the first thunderstorm that you had ever witnessed.

"It's okay, (G/T). That's just thunder," she told you, remembering when Steven helped her get over rain and thunderstorms. You tilted your head in confusion. She chuckled at your cuteness.

"Thunder happens during storms. And during storms, it 'rains'. Rain is wet... like water. Yeah, rain is water that falls from the sky," Peridot explained, "see?" The green gem pointed to the open door of the barn, where rain was now pouring.

"W-Why does it do that?" you questioned in a quiet voice, tightening your grip on Peridot. She tapped her chin in thought, "Well... Earthlings need water to survive. So the water falls from the sky and then evaporates back into the sky in a cycle, so Earthlings never run out of water."

You stared at the floorboards, your eyebrows furrowed in thought. Peridot grabbed your hand and began to lead you to the open barn door, "You should check out this 'rain'. It's actually not that bad, as you'd think it is."

She let go of your arm once you got to the door. She stepped out into the rain and let it fall on her, soaking her hair. Her hair flopped over her eyes, causing you to laugh.

She pushed her hair out of her face and waved her hand, motioning for you to join her. You stared intently at the water droplets hitting the ground and stuck your hand out.

The feeling of a droplet hitting your skin startled you. You gasped slightly and pulled your hand back, your eyes wide in surprise. You didn't want to try again, but looking at Peridot's supportive eyes made you try again.

You reached your arm out, letting the rain fall onto your skin. The feeling ended up not being so strange and startling, so you slowly advanced towards your green gem friend.

Eventually, your whole body was in the rain. The thunder sounded again, making you squeal and jump for Peridot. She patted your back, "Hey, it's okay! Look, we're fine! Thunder is only noise. It can't hurt you."

You slowly peeled your eyes open and untangled yourself from Peridot. Your foot splashed in a puddle of water, surprising you at first. You repeated the action, finding it rather amusing afterwards.

You jumped up and down in the puddle, laughing loudly. You splashed Peridot with muddy water, but she could care less at that moment. She copied you, which resulted in lots of giggles and muddy water splashed everywhere.

"Wow, rain isn't so bad. You're right, Peri," you said, pulling the shorter gem into a hug. She hugged you back, smiling wide. You took this chance to mess up her hair, spreading it all over her face.

You laughed, taking off into the barn. She couldn't see through her floppy hair, and only yelled at you. She was still smiling though, as she pushed her hair away and took off after you.

---

I hope you guys liked this! I really had fun writing this!

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

I love you all!

- Aehlyn ♡