[Sapphire × child reader]

[#37: Lost and Found]

You shivered in the cold, wrapped in your thin, (F/C) blanket. Your innocent, (E/C) eyes landed on two small objects.

You stepped towards them and picked the smooth gems up in your tiny hands. You examined the rocks and smiled at the beautiful, blue and red colors of them.

"Hello, little rocks. I'm (Y/N). Wanna be my friend?" you asked them, pressing your back against the wall and sliding down.

"Don't worry. I'm all alone, too. Don't be afraid, I'll protect you," you whispered, hugging them to your chest.

You ran a finger over the small crack in the red gem. You frowned and whispered softly to it, "I guess you're hurt, little guy. That's not good."

You watched as the snow fell to the ground and piled up around the city. Snowflakes flew gently in the breeze. You stretched an arm out and let a small snowflake fall into your hand.

"Do you like the snow, little rocks? I do, kinda. I like that it's pretty and fun to play in. But I don't like that it's so cold. It's hard to live outside in such cold weather," you mumbled, watching as the snowflake dissolved on your palm.

"It normally doesn't snow so much in Beach City," you continued. You sighed and looked down at the rocks in your hand.

You slightly frowned and placed the gems beside you. You rested your head on the ground and closed your eyes, letting sleep overtake you.

[~]

You awoke to a soft light. You peeled your eyes open to see the blue gem floating in the air. You gasped and sat up straight.

A silhouette of a small woman appeared. The woman formed and softly floated to the ground. You stared in amazement, your jaw dropped.

She had blue skin and hair that covered half of her face. She wore a blue, flowing dress with puffy sleeves.

"Woah! How'd you do that?" you asked. The woman chuckled, gazing around the area. Her face fell once she saw the red gem next to you.

"Ruby!" she shouted, picking the gem up and examining the crack. A single stream of tears spilled down her face.

"Is that rock like you? Can it turn into a woman, too?" you asked her softly, climbing to your feet.

"Y-Yes..," the woman sniffled, pressing her lips against the gem and kissing it. She then held it close to her chest.

"Why are you crying, Miss?" you questioned, standing on your feet. They were almost completely numb, due to the cold.

"Sh-She's cracked! She can't reform! I need Steven..," she mumbled. You frowned and responded with, "I'm sorry! Is there anyway I can help you, Miss...?"

"Sapphire. My name is Sapphire. I don't know if you can help me... unless you happen to know where a giant temple is?" she looked down at you. You were only a few inches smaller than her.

"Yeah! I know where one is! Here, I'll show you!" you exclaimed, taking her hand. You began to run through the snow and towards the mysterious temple you had seen while exploring.

After a few minutes, you finally arrived at the building. Sapphire sighed in relief at the sight.

She began to walk up the steps and you frowned, turning to walk away.

"Wait!" she called after you, "please, come inside, darling. You're freezing. You humans can't survive this cold."

You smiled, tears of joy pushing at your eyes. You nodded and scurried up the stairs after her. She opened the door and you stepped inside.

It was warm, causing you to sigh and smile. There were three other beings in the building; a small boy, a short, purple woman, and a tall woman.

"Sapphire? Who's this? Where is Ruby?" the tall one asked, standing on her feet. You noticed that she had a gem on her forehead.

"Ruby is right here," Sapphire replied, holding out her palm, which Ruby's gem rested on, "Steven, can you please heal her? She's cracked."

"Steven" nodded and licked his hand, pressing it against the gem. Its crack sealed and you stared in awe.

"And this is (Y/N). They're all alone and need somewhere to call home. That is what we're giving them," Sapphire said, turning to face you.

"R-Really?!" you shouted with stars in your eyes. Sapphire smiled and nodded. You wrapped your arms around her and she hugged back.

"Th-Thank you!" you exclaimed, choking back tears.

"You did save me and my love, Ruby. Horrible things would've happened to us if you hadn't have found us," she spoke.

The red gem, Ruby, began to glow. It floated out of Sapphire's hand and into the air. It formed into a small woman with red skin and dark hair maintained by a ribbon.

"Ruby" looked panicked, but soon, her gaze landed on Sapphire and she immediately grabbed the blue gem. She kissed the blue gem's cheek and down to her neck as Sapphire giggled.

Ruby began to spin Sapphire around and they laughed together. They were engulfed by a bright light and fused into one being, their laughing becoming one.

"Woah!" was the only word you could muster as you stared at the woman before you. She had three, beautiful eyes that stared back at you.

She kneeled down to be your height and gave you a smile. You returned it.

"Thank you, (Y/N). For saving us."

"No problem."

"Now, let's get you introduced to everyone..."

---

Sorry this is so late! I had to take a state test today so I didn't update this morning.

If you didn't know, I just published a SU one-shot titled "Nightmare of the Sea". So yeah.

Sorry if I don't get to requests or stuff like that rn. I've been kinda busy and I don't really know what to write, even if I do get requests. It's all really difficult for me at this moment.

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Anways, don't forget to vote and comment!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡