40.

This is not a prank, since I truly love you all, my dear readers. This is a short story, not connected to the mini series that we are doing. Read it because this one's for you. Happy Valentine's day to all of you! 💕

"When Cupid Shoots his Own Heart"

Some says that celebrating heart's day is an old cliché. For them, it's a simple day, nothing so special that you need to celebrate. Some are so excited when this day arrives. They figure, what's the best dress or suit to wear, what present is good to bring. Because for them, this is a once in a lifetime event to celebrate love.

But for me, it's kind of hell day. A day that I'm so afraid to come.

As I go home after school, my face starts to crumple. Why? Well, there's a couple everywhere giving out roses and chocolates or even heart shaped balloons.

As I continue my walk going through the waiting shade where I usually waits for cab, I put on my earphones to escape the reality, thinking, that roses will just dry out, that chocolates will make you fat and that balloon, that will just pop out just like your love in the future. So why waste your time for that nonsense event? Why waste your time to something that will just hurt you in the end?

But still, I would like to greet Cupid a happy happy birthday although I don't want to hear or think of that name for thr rest of my life.

I stopped and patiently waits for the next cab. God, I want to go home. I want to sleep and skip this stupid day. As I looked on my right, I saw a man with that huge teddy bear in his hand.

"That's a huge hustle," I say on my mind.

Then I looked on my left and saw a couple kissing each other. Well that was disgusting.

Finally, I saw the one that I was looking for. The cab that's going near here. My life savior.

I ride on it right away and tell the driver my address. After 15 minutes, I'm home.

I lay on my bed and tears fell from my eyes unexpectedly. Why the f-ck is this still happening to me?! It's been one year, excatly, but then I feel that nothing has changed at all.

Maybe his arrow was really that effective.

Him, who's the only reason behind all of this bitterness. Him who made me wanna hate this sweet day.

January 03, 2016, that's the date where I met this guy. I was riding on my bike that time, still feeling the vacation and the Christmas breeze. I must say, it's a very peaceful day today. As I started to feel the coldness beneath my body, I decided to stop by on a coffee shop to obviously, drink some coffee.

I parked my bike on the bicycle parking lot and go inside the cafe. I always love the smell of the aroma of the dark coffee beans and the fresh scent of the sweet delights. I go straight to the counter and ordered my all time favorite, cappuccino.

I looked for a vacant seat and when I find one, I patiently waits for my order. It arrives after like 3 minutes.

"Enjoy your stay here ma'am," the waiter says politely.

"Thank you," I said in return.

While sipping on my cappuccino and reading a oh-so-dramatic novel book, I noticed a guy staring at me. He has his coffee in his hand and he's just standing on the side of the counter. I looked at the whole cafe and noticed that there was no vacant place anymore except for the seat on my table since I'm the only one alone here, I guess. Maybe there's nothing wrong if I share my seat with him. Drinking coffee is not as good when you're standing.