THE NEW JOB

Jay Dixit sat in his room frowning , thinking as to how his stepbrother Vijay had committed such a blunder, a complete mess of the family business.

Jay the CEO of A& J Corporation was a recuperating from a major accident as such he had temporarily handed over the reigns of the family business to Vijay, whom he had believed to be fully capable of handling the affairs. But instead of looking after the business Vijay had not only taken personal loans from the company but also lost two major contracts.

Jay was not in Delhi at that time but was recuperating at a private clinic in Bangalore otherwise this disaster could have been averted.

At this moment A&J Creations needed a new designer to revamp the entire A & J Modern Collection. The Modern collection was aimed at the modern working women who expected comfort in addition to style and elegance. For this they were ready to pay the desired amount of money.

A & J Creations was a known fashion brand , exclusively for the elite. But for the past five years or so the competition had increased and the profit margins had decreased. Jay was planning on launching the new line A & J Modern Collection but due to his accident the plans had been delayed. He had asked Vijay to take over but Vijay as he now realized had not taken any interest in the new line.

When Jay saw the samples that were to be presented next week to an overseas client he realized that they needed something innovative as the old designs lacked what he wanted to convey. For this new line he wanted a new designer with a fresh approach.

His PA had arranged interviews with some designers but so far none had impressed him.

Next entered a tall blue eyed girl in a georgette midnight blue salwar kameez. She was nervous and her biodata showed that she was a fresher. He wondered what his PA thought of sending this girl for such a prestigious job.

Cia Kapoor was nervous. She needed this job to prove her worth to her fiancé from whom she had asked a one year grace to fulfill her dream of designing clothes for such a big fashion house. Ever since she remembered she had been designing clothes for her dolls. She belonged to a small town Nahan in Himachal Pradesh. She had received a scholarship to complete her studies at National Institute Of Fashion Designing Delhi. Her parents were old school and wanted to get her married and settled in life as soon as she completed her graduation. She had given her final exams two months back and they were pressurizing her to come back. She had asked for one year to prove her worth and they had reluctantly agreed.

Her teacher knew Jay's PA and had arranged this interview for her.

She had expected Jay to be an old gentleman since he was the CEO of this huge conglomerate but was shocked to see a tall gentleman in his early thirties, jet black hair, lean physique and stunning grey eyes. He looked as a model not CEO of a multimillion company.

Jay asked her," I believe you are a fresher. Are you sure you will be able to do justice to this job?"

Cia, replied "Sir, designing clothes is neither a hobby nor a profession for me. It is a passion, a dream which I have been seeing since childhood. My friends wanted to be doctors and engineers but I have only dreamt of designing clothes. I know I am fresher in this field but I assure you that you will not be disappointed."

"I am placing some samples for you to observe .Give me your opinion. Don't hesitate to tell the truth."

When Jay placed five samples in front of her Cia took her time to observe them. After ten minutes she responded," I don't think any of them are fit to be sent as samples. The first sample is too gaudy, a working women prefers light neutral shades to work. The second sample has too much embroidery, as office designs are supposed to be minimalistic. The third sample is in silk, again working women prefer light fabrics like chiffon , cotton and georgette. The fourth sample and fifth sample are not fit as they don't represent the quality A&J Creations is known for."