MISLEADING JAY

Jay was back on Monday. It was good to be back. In reality it had been almost a month since he had laid eyes on Cia so his eyes were searching for her.

Her cottage was locked so he presumed she must have gone for the weekend. But she was not back even on Monday.

He had to leave for a family wedding on Wednesday so he had lots of work to do.

On reaching his office he worked nonstop till lunch. Even while working his mind would stray to thoughts of Cia. Till evening there was no sign of Cia. Even her PA Mrs Kalpana was on leave .

It was quite surprising because Cia was a responsible girl. Anyway she must be having her reasons and he was not in the mood to ask anyone.

He had a quiet dinner and went to sleep early. He expected Cia to be back by the next day.

He went for his morning walk hoping to catch a glimpse of Cia in the morning but her cottage was locked. He missed her. He missed her laughter, her cute smiles when she smiled to him in the morning, when she asked him to share a cup of tea with her or when she argued over something.

He left for his office half heartedly. By afternoon he could not contain his curiosity any longer and decided to ask Sahil but before he could reach his cabin Veronica called him.
Ever since that incident in Paris he had not spoken to her but since this was his office and she one of his lead designers he did not want to create a scene. He had already decided that after this assignment he would shift Veronica to the Bangalore branch and if she refused he would hire someone else.

"Jay if you are looking for someone I can help you?"

"Veronica why don,t you just concentrate on yourself and stop interfering in my life?"

"Jay I know I misbehaved with you in Paris but I was drunk ."

"Veronica you were not that drunk and the way you behaved no decent lady would behave."

What was wrong? You are a desirable man and I wanted to spend some time with you .We both would

have enjoyed what would have happened. "

"Come to the point, Veronica what do you want?"

"You are looking for that Cia aren't you? Well she has gone to her hometown to meet her parents and god knows who else. I heard someone called Akash asked for her on the phone . She took two days leave

and left to meet her loverboy I presume."

Jay's face turned furious."Veronica ,get out don't test my patience otherwise I will terminate your contract permanently."

"Jay don't be angry I just told you the truth you can ask anyone", Veronica left the room hastily.

Jay was burning with jealousy .All this while he had been worried sick over Cia but now he was furious. He could not accept that maybe Akash had patched up things between the two .Maybe Cia had gone to profess her love for him.

That night Jay could not sleep. He felt like throwing everything around him. If he closed his eyes he could just dream about Akash and Cia making love to each other. He could not bear the thought of someone else touching her,of someone else kissing her sweet lips or of some one else discovering her intimate secrets

.
These two weeks in London would be very long. He had to meet Cia. He knew that she had feelings for

him. He had to convince her that she should wait before marrying Akash.

On this thought he went to sleep.

Next morning he left for London.