THE CONFRONTATION

The next few weeks were simply horrible for Cia. His behaviour was very rude towards her. He would never enter her room. Infact he very rarely would come to the office. If he would come he would either be barking orders or would be snapping at someone. Gone was the Jay who would have a cup of coffee with her in the mornings sitting at her porch and discussing the office or even simple moments of their lives.

Everyone noticed the change in Jay's attitude including Veronica who decided to take advantage of the situation. Whenever Jay would come to the workshop she would enter his office on one pretext or the other. She would find reasons to harass Cia . Once or twice Cia decided to clear the misunderstanding with Jay but whenever she entered hi s room either he left the room or she would find Veronica sitting with him.

Next month there was a fashion exhibition in Paris. Veronica was their lead designer so she was to accompany Jay to Paris. Veronica had her plan in place. She calmly informed Cia that Jay belonged to her and she would make Jay commit to her in Paris. She informed Cia that she would come back from Paris engaged to Jay She also told her that Cia had just been a fresh diversion for Jay but he would marry someone of his own status..

All this was too much for Cia. She just had two months of her contract left. She decided to complete her assignments by then and then resign. She had to look for a new job because she was not planning to return to her hometown as she was not ready to face Akash and her parents.

She loved Jay deeply so she could not bear to see him with another woman. She knew Jay did not love her because he had easily moved on. In her mind she agreed with Veronica that she had simply been a diversion for Jay. Once he had slept with her , his lust for her had been satisfied and now she was just a hindrance.

A day before Jay was to leave for Paris Cia decided to inform Jay of her decision. Jay was sitting on his porch when Cia sat next to him.

"Jay, my contract expires in another two months. I plan to leave this job after that. I thought it was advisable to inform you of my decision beforehand so that you may make alternate arrangements."

" Cia what happened to your dreams and aspirations?" Jay was furious.

"My dreams are intact and I plan to work towards their fulfillment."

"How my dear do you plan to do so?"

"I will look for some other job."

"What you will look for some other job? If you expect glowing referances from my side I assure you of the same. In fact I will specifically mention that in addition to your services as a designer you can be helpful in other fields as well. I give my best of luck to your new boss who will be your next target."

"Jay how can you say this? How many times Have I told you that I do not sleep around .I never wanted to deceive you. I had never expected to sleep with you so the question of telling you never arose."

"As for leaving this job I don't want to work her anymore. The atmosphere is very distressing. I want to make a fresh start of my life."

"A fresh start with Akash I presume. Have you told him about our night together? Have you told him that we made love not once but twice? Or is it that since you have the experience now so you have made him happy as well? Is he a good lover? Tell me Cia is he better than me?" Jay pushed her towards the wall and kissed her punishingly.

Cia had no control over her body right now. Her body reacted on its own will. She kissed him back with such an intensity that it left her shocking. He tore open the front buttons of her blouse and kissed her neck and then her breasts.

"See Cia this is what we shared. You are engaged to Akash but you react to my kisses. You want me. I can see it in your eyes . I can feel it in your body's reaction towards me. I can take you right now right here and you will not even object but I don't sleep with cheaters." Saying this Jay left her to sit in his chair

Cia felt disgusted with her behavior. How could she have behaved so badly. She knew that she loved him but this was not love it was lust. She was crying. "Stop it Jay you are hurting me. I know you don't trust me but don't make me feel cheap. Is this what you think of me? This is all the more reason for me to leave."

" I think this is the best decision you have take. Even I cannot bear to work worth you. You remind me of my mistake. Women are and will always be faithless creatures. You all are alike. You deliberately misled me into thinking that you are different. "

"The why are you going with Veronica if you don't trust women?" Cia could not contain her jealousy.

"Veronica knows her score. She is a highly desirable woman who does not play games to get what she wants. She is going to Paris because she is my lead designer. Going to bed with her is an added incentive."

"Well I needed to inform you of my decision. I have performed my duty now you need time to pack so I should leave." Saying this Cia left.

Jay was badly hurting . He knew he had wrongly behaved with Cia but this woman brought out the worst in him. Not only had she played with his emotions but had confirmed that we should not trust anybody.

He had no appetite for dinner so he slept early. After all he had a flight to catch.

Cia had returned to her cottage with a heavy heart. Not only had Jay not listened to her but had also accused her of being characterless. She cried herself to sleep.