Chapter 1

Stiles was done. Absolutely, and utterly done.

He probably got about 2 hours of sleep last night thanks to all this werewolf business. His body felt slow and lethargic, underneath his eyes there was a deep shape of purple with such huge bags to go with it. He didn't think even 29 cans of red bull could make him feel the tiniest better.

About a week ago Derek said he smelt another pack nearby; he didn't know if they were passing through or attempting at some sneaky business. But once he smelt them again, he knew they weren't just here for a day trip.

Last night the whole pack went out to track them down. Stiles might've been on duty to watch the cars while everyone else was in the woods, but he was still part of the adventure.

They didn't find the intruding pack though, they're planning on looking for them during the next full moon, which was tonight. Stiles almost passed out cold from sitting in the car that long. Almost. He could even feel his eyelids fluttering closed before Derek shook the car when they returned. Asshole.

"Wow Stiles, rough night?" Scott joked when Stiles sat down next to him in chem.

"Don't even get me started," Stiles grumbled, "it's not fair how you guys always put me on car duty. I wanna be where the action is! That's the least you guys can do if you're gonna make me stay out all night."

"Not gonna happen buddy. We don't wanna risk you getting hurt. You can't heal like us." Stiles rolled his eyes at that.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm always the goddamn damsel in distress." Seriously, Stiles was sick off it. The werewolves think they're all high and mighty since they can run faster, are stronger, heal quicker, and hear everything. That doesn't mean Stiles is weak! Well.... he kinda is. But his mouth makes up for it; he can spit sarcasm like nobody's business.

The rest of the day went by agonizingly slow, he also might've fell asleep in 3 of his periods, and right when he got home. When he woke up he was startled by a figure in the corner of his room.

"D-Derek? What're you-"

"You left your window open. Not safe."

"And why are you gracing me with your presence?" Stiles dryly joked. More like disturbing his slumber.

"The full moon is tonight, I came to say you're not going out with us. Stay home." Derek commanded walking a little closer to Stiles, who was sitting on the bed.

Here's the thing about Derek, he thinks he's the boss of everyone. Sure he's an alpha and can boss around the pack, but he can't literally force Stiles to do anything, he's not a werewolf.

"Uh hu nice try big guy, not gonna happen." Stiles fired back while standing up and crossing his arms. He might be a solid 50 pounds lighter (none of that being muscle) and a good 4 inches shorter, but he was determined to stand his ground.

"You can't protect yourself. Normally we could protect you but we'll be occupied with other things." Derek said through gritted teeth, clearly getting annoyed. Stiles always managed to get under his skin.

"Since when are you concerned with my protection." Stiles scoffed only to be slammed into his wall a second later. He gulped as Derek held onto the collar of his shirt, glaring his eyes into him.

"You're not coming." He immediately released Stiles and retreated to the far end of his room before jumping out of his window.

Okay Jacob Stiles thought to himself, knowing he'd have his throat ripped out if Derek ever heard him make a Twilight joke.

He also never takes Derek's threats seriously. He was going to go out tonight. No "maybe" about it.

-