Chapter 9

Isaac made his way to Stiles' house and was greeted by his dad at the front door. He said he came over to study with Stiles so the sheriff instantly let him upstairs. To say Stiles was shocked to see Isaac was an understatement, he turned around when he heard the door open and literally fell off his chair when he saw Isaac.

He pulled himself off the floor quickly and shut his bedroom door. "Oh god, what's wrong? You wouldn't be here if something was wrong." Isaac could hear the poor boy's heart beating a mile a minute.

"Nothing's wrong. Derek wasn't able to come over so he sent me to take his place instead." Isaac lied. He felt really bad for lying to Stiles, but his poker face was incredible. However, Stiles didn't believe it for one second, he knows that werewolves are sneaky little bastards.

"No because he pinky promised, you're lying. Tell me the truth." Stiles insisted crossing his arms, not taking any of Isaac's shit.

Isaac sighed and rubbed some of his fingers through his hair. "I'm not lying, he really did send me here." Stiles squinted his eyes.

"Okay, but what's the real reason as to why he sent you here?" Isaac knew Stiles wouldn't believe anything he said, but he also knew that Derek would kill him if he told Stiles. Well since Derek is already dying, he'll take his chances.

"Derek got hurt, but we're working on it." Isaac finally admitted.

Stiles looked confused. "'Working on it?' What does that mean, he should be healing." Stiles asked, which is what literally the whole pack was wondering.

"He's not and we don't know why. I came here to watch you for him while the rest of the pack figures it out." With that Stiles' eyes grew as big as the moon, and he got as pale as moonlight as well.

"He's what?! Isaac you have to take me to him, you have to take me to him now." Stiles insisted throwing together random things into a bag. Isaac knew this was a bad idea.

"I can't, you have to stay here it's impo-" Isaac was cut off by his phone ringing in his pocket. He sighed out of annoyance before pulling out his phone to read Scott's name. "Hello?"

"Isaac, we have an idea."

-

The pack has been thoroughly reading through all of Deaton's books while he tried to help Derek in any way. So far nothing was of sparking interest until Cora came across something.

"Here! It says that Mistletoe is a common plant to keep away werewolves. It doesn't say anything about harming but if it got mixed in Derek's bloodstream that could've caused it." Cora said throwing the idea out there, being desperate for any idea to work.

"The alpha could've crushed it on into a paste and put it on his claws before the battle or something. And then when he extracted them out the paste was still on it." Scott added trying to help.

"If that's the case I know a way to maybe fix it." Deaton said leaving Derek for a second to join his betas. "I know of a way to counteract Mistletoe. It comes with setting the subject free. You have to burn objects of significance to the subject and it's healer and then pour the smoke into his wounds."

"Sounds like something from Pirates of the Caribbean if you ask me." Jackson snorted earning him glares from everyone else in the pack.

"How many people need to help?" Cora asked ready to take up any solution Deaton threw at her.

"Three. And no offense Jackson, but I don't think you'd be the best for this. We need people who have a close bond with Derek. Cora and Scott you'll do fine, but we'll need one more."