Chapter 2

Stiles had the weirdest dream. It started off with a vivid memory of his mom dying, and ended with him and Scott playing video games on a cloud. What the hell is wrong with his head?

Stiles let out a sigh as he woke up groggily in the morning. He rolled over into his side and quite literally fell off the bed due to shock of what he saw.

"What was that noise?" Derek grumbled, being awoken by Stiles' fall.

"I have a better question: Why're you in my bed?!" Stiles was freaked out. Why was the big bad wolf in his bed? Derek isn't goldilocks and this bed does not fit him just right.

"You were having a nightmare of some sort, I came over to calm you down." Derek explained while wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

"Did I say anything?" Stiles asked, wondering if Derek knew what his dream was about. Werewolves might not be able to read minds, but a few unconsciously said words can make it seem like they can.

"I have a feeling the dream was about your mom." Derek said softly. If anyone knew death, it was him. His whole family is dead, every single person he ever loved. It's why he's so closed off and never shows emotion; why get attached to things when it's going to be ripped away from you?

"Yeah," Stiles said looking down. "It was." After he said that something really odd happened; Derek hugged him.

This is Derek we're talking about. Ya know, the guy who everyone thinks has no feelings? Stiles stood there stunned for a second before finally wrapping his arms around the male. Stiles rested his head on Derek's chest and breathed in his scent. It felt nice to be hugged, he couldn't remember the last time he received one.

However, it wasn't long lived, only maybe 20 seconds. Stiles pulled away blushing a little, not quite knowing what to say.

"Sometimes you just need someone to be there." Derek said, taking the words right out of Stiles' mouth.

"Do you want any breakfast?" Stiles asked. Usually he couldn't stand to be around Derek for too long, but he seemed to be acting nice. Why not give it a shot?

"Sure, that would be great, thank you." Derek responded, a slight smile hanging from his lips. The two boys made their way downstairs and Stiles got to work making them some cereal. Cut him some slack, his dad does all the cooking.

"Here you go," Stiles said as he placed a bowl in front of Derek. "Some Frosted Flakes, beautifully created by me." Derek chuckled before the two of them began to eat.

It was odd, usually there was an underlying sense of tension whenever Stiles and Derek were in the same room, but right now everything felt at ease.

Once Derek finished eating he got up to place his bowl in the dishwasher. As he turned around Stiles was going to put his in as well, leaving the boys to end up face to face, inches in between them.

They stared at each other for a second, not even breathing, before Derek awkwardly cleared his throat and stepped aside.

"I should be going... pack stuff." Derek made up, needing a reason to leave Stiles. He didn't want to do something he would later regret.

"What pack stuff? We chased off the other guys." Stiles questioned. Derek rolled his eyes at the boy.

"Humans just don't get it do they." He sassed before heading towards the door.

"Hey, hey, wait!" Stiles exclaimed catching up to him. "That's not very nice sour wolf. What pack stuff?"

"I just have to check on the other members. And don't call me that." Derek commanded before exiting the Stilinksi household.