Chapter 8

"And you promise you'll come back right after?"

"I promise."

"Okay, but do you pinky promise?"

"Stiles does that really make a difference?"

"It makes all the difference." Tonight's the full moon and when the pack is going to meet up with the other, and Stiles isn't gonna lie, he's worried.

He knows his friends can protect themselves but the fact that he won't be there means he'll just be thinking about it all night, going over every possible bad scenario in his head.

Is something happened to Jackson, believe it or not Stiles would be upset. If it was Cora Stiles would he upset too, and extra upset for Derek. He can't handle losing his last loved one and it'd kill Stiles to see him go through that. If something happened to Isaac then Stiles would just think the world is a joke. He's the most nicest and innocent kid he's ever met, Isaac doesn't deserve that. And Scott... Stiles doesn't even want to think about if it was Scott. If it was Derek Stiles would never forgive himself for not telling him that he loved him. Because he does, he figured that out last night, he just doesn't know how to say it.

"Okay Stiles, I pinky promise." Derek said as Stiles interlocked their fingers. Derek found it ridiculous, but anything for Stiles.

"Just be careful." Stiles whispered, his voice getting more serious. Derek sighed and pulled the boy in for an embrace, cradling his body between his arms.

They swayed like that for a little bit, just holding each other, breathing in the others scent.

Eventually Derek pulled away. "I have to go. Distract yourself."

Stiles looked down. "It'll be hard but I'll try." Derek pulled Stiles in for a quick kiss before exiting through the window, leaving Stiles behind to worry.

After a solid 5 minutes of pacing he decided he might as well try to take his mind off of it and join his dad downstairs who was watching a movie.

"What're you watching?" Stiles asked as he plopped himself on the couch, stealing a handful of popcorn.

"The wolfman." Great, what a distraction.

-

Derek and the rest of the pack just arrived at the old burnt down Hale house and were waiting for the other pack to show themselves. They've gone over the plan a thousand times, yet everyone was nervous. Derek tried his hardest to not let it show, as the alpha he had to stay strong for his pack and keep them motivated.

"What if they don't even show up?" Jackson asked. He wanted to say something sarcastic or rude, but he's too stressed out to come up with anything.

"They'll show up." Derek responded with his eyes scanning the forest line. He felt Cora grab his hand and he turned to look at her, seeing the worry in her eyes. He squeezed his sisters hand for comfort when he smelt the other pack off in the distance.

"They're here." Scott growled. No less than two minutes later the pack of seven came peering out of the shadows. Derek looked over to the blonde boy who he saw in the store, he  had his eyes locked on Cora.

"I see you didn't leave." Derek said dropping his sisters hand, addressing the other alpha. He let out a bone chilling laugh setting the whole pack on edge. He looked like a maniac.

The other alpha had light brown hair, and brown eyes to match. He was smaller than Derek but still was built nicely. That was something his whole pack had in common, they all seemed to be in good shape. Derek's pack is in good shape too, but not as much, and there is fewer of them.