Chapter 5

"Hey sour wolf, didn't expect to see you so soon." Stiles smiled as Derek climbed in through his bed room window.

"I'm on babysitting duty for 3 week." Derek explained, not really showing any emotion on his face.

"Am I, the 'baby'?" Stiles asked confused.

Derek nodded. "You do act like a child." Stiles fake gasped although he had to admit it was true, especially when he didn't take his adderall.

"C'mon, we both know that you're gonna like being over here." Stiles teased while nudging the man's shoulder.

"I'm gonna go crazy." Derek sighed while looking up, pleading to the werewolf gods to help him out.

"So why do I have to babysat?" Stiles asked, trying to get some information out of Derek.

"Well I assume Scott told you the packs back, and we need people to watch the members of our pack who can't, protect themselves as much." Stiles groaned. Here we go again.

"I can protect myself just fine, Derek. I'm not a werewolf but I'm also not made of porcelain either. I fucking survived getting possessed, who else has done that." Stiles said throwing his hands up in the air, clearly getting frustrated.

Derek sighed. He understood where Stiles was coming from but he also wouldn't forgive himself if anything happened to him. Whether he likes it or not Derek is going to be watching over him, he can't risk losing someone else.

"You're strong, Stiles, and I of all people know that," Derek whispered caressing the boy's cheek. "But we don't know what the other pack wants, and until we do I'm gonna make sure nothing happens to you. I can't lose you."

Stiles looked up into Derek's eyes and saw the hurt, saw the pain he's gone through.

"Fine. But I expect cuddles ever night then." Stiles negotiated, earning a chuckle from Derek.

"I'm sure that can be arranged."

-

"Don't get me wrong, I love Jackson, but he's been around me so much lately it's kinda weird." Lydia said popping a grape into her mouth at lunch. Scott was studying in the library and Jackson was in line getting food, so that left Stiles and Lydia for now.

"He's on watch guard duty, there's a threat in beacon hills, again." Both of them rolled their eyes at that. It's like once things calm down something supernatural pops up again!

"What is it this time, Peter is back? I have to go back to a mental institution? Oh no, don't tell me another demon is inside you." Lydia said sarcasm dripping from her voice. Although all of those things were fucking terrifying in the moment, everyone tried to look back on them a little lighter. Honestly no one knows how they don't all have PTSD.

"Luckily it's none of those things," Stiles through a mouthful of PB&J, which earned him a grimace from Lydia. "It's just another pack. It doesn't seem that serious so I have no clue why everyone is freaking out."

"Because we don't know what they want dipshit." Jackson said putting his food on the table, being followed by Danny.

"Are the twins back?" Danny asked getting his hopes up. It's no secret that Danny and Ethan had a connection, and although Danny said it wouldn't have worked between them everyone knew he wanted them back.

"No, some random guys." Stiles explained, which caused Danny's face to fall. Lydia started to say something but then started to cough, causing the table to all turn to her.

"You okay, babe?" Jackson asked putting a hand on his girlfriends shoulder.

"I think there's too much testosterone around her." Lydia joked causing Stiles and Danny to crack up, but just receive a glare from Jackson.