Chapter 9

"It's positive Lucas" I yelled through the door. I was tearing up and my voice was starting to crack.

"Okay, baby open the door," Lucas said.

"can you come out..."  Lucas said.
I opened the door. "What you worried about?" He said wiping my face.

"Nothing, I just can't believe we're having another baby" I said.

"Alright then, stop crying like a lil bitch." Lucas said laughing. I started smiling again. "Shut up, cause you'd be crying to, what's signs did you see anyway," I said.

"You started eating weird shit, And gaining weight. today just summed it all up."

"Hmmm," I said cutting my eyes at him. "I guess Leila gets her wish, speaking of Leila how was she."

"She was good. She fell asleep too early to be bad."

"She'll be up soon, and I'm not staying up with her."

"We'll see," Lucas said.

"Yeah we'll see, if I do you could go shopping for her party tomorrow."

"Whatever," Lucas said.

I got in bed while Lucas hopped in the shower until I heard Leila yelling. I threw the covers off and got out of bed and walked to Leila's room.   

"Mommyyy," Leila yelled . Reaching her arms out towards me.

"Okay leila," I said picking her up. I carried Leila back to my room and laid down. While Leila talked my ear off until Lucas was done taking a shower. He hopped out of the shower and threw some boxers and a pair of sweats on and laid beside me and Leila. As soon as Lucas laid down Leila ran straight to him and I went right to sleep.

"Leila come on let's go to bed like mommy."

"No mommy only sleep cause she sick, and I not sick."

"No she's not Leila, she's sleep cause it's late."

"Uh uhn, daddy. Why you not sleep then."

"Because your not sleep Leila, don't you wanna go shopping tomorrow for your party."

Leila put her finger on her chin and thought about it "hmmm... no." Leila said.

"Guess you don't get anything then for your birthday."

"I don't get pwesents" Leila said frowning.

"Only if you go to sleep like mommy."
Leila looked at Aaliyah and nodded. "Uh uh."

I got tired of Leila and just pretended to go to sleep "okay goodnight." I said closing my eyes. Leila started shaking me.

"Daddy," Leila whined for a minute, then finally laid down on my chest and fell asleep.