chapter five

"Love you, need you, need you here to stay."

Noah

-

It has been a week.

A week since Finn called me. A week since he had seen his parents.

It has been a bittersweet week. I get to wake up next to the boy everyday. I can't seem to get enough of him. I've had a crush on him for awhile, and now that I finally know that he feels the same, all I want to do is hold his hand and cuddle with him. His presence alone makes me smile.

On the other hand, Finn has been trying to mask his sadness. His own brother, the one who he's supposed to turn to with his problems, the one who is supposed to love him no matter what, kicked him out of the house. My family has been giving him a home for the time being, but they're still his legal guardians. Right now though, we're just trying to make him feel as welcome as possible.

I feel a movement next to me. Finn sleeps a lot longer than I do, I'm always up early. Usually, I would get out of bed, but inside, I watch him sleep. It would probably creep him out if he knew, but I think he's adorable while he's asleep. When people sleep, they almost look younger. More pure, as if they hadn't yet been exposed to the horrendous world around them. Still so precious.

My thoughts are interrupted as I see him starting to stir. He stretches his arms out, keeping his eyes closed. I lean down and brush a strand of hair out of his face. I then lean down and plant a gentle kiss on his jaw.

"Good morning, sunshine," I say softly, watching as he blushes bright red. Finn extends his hand towards me, a goofy little smile on his face. I grab it, intertwining our fingers together. I raise his hand to my lips, planting a gentle kiss on the back.

I can't help but watch the beautiful boy in front of me with all of his emotions. He has a smile on his lips, but it doesn't reach his eyes. I haven't seen him genuinely happy in awhile. There's always that moment where he forgets, but only for a second. There's a split second where everything is perfectly fine.

I cuddle up against Finn, not saying anything. I wish that I could say something, anything, to make him feel at least a little better, but I instead stay silent. I feel him fall into my grasp, and the corners of his mouth perk up a bit. Finn was definitely a cuddle-bug, and I knew that it would relax him a bit. I give his hand a small squeeze as I lie there with him.

"I love you, you know," Finn says gently, looking me in the eyes. It was the first thing he had said all morning, and it was my turn to blush. Saying that was a big deal, but I knew that I loved him. I always knew.

"I love you too, you know," I said, my voice soft as I sort of mocked how he had phrased it. He raised an eyebrow at me, and I could feel him leaning in towards me a bit.

I planted a small kiss on his lips, letting my lips linger for a few moments. It was moments like these that made me look into my future. It was moments like these that made me think about a future with Finn.

I could feel his breath against my lips, neither of us wanted to move away from the other. It felt like we were the only two in the world, until I heard a knock at the door.

Finn and I moved apart at the same time, letting go of our hands. It made me a little unhappy, but people only knew that we were gay, not that we were--

In love. Oh my goodness, I'm in love with Finn Wolfhard.

My mom looked at me funny, and Finn's cheeks turned bright red.

"R-really?" He choked out. Now it was my turn to look at him funny.

Then I realized. "Did I.. say that out loud?"

Both Finn and my mom nodded. My cheeks turned bright red, almost as red as Finn's. I just hoped my mom would understand. The look on her face had changed into a soft smile.

"I made breakfast," She said softly, and then she exited the room, closing the door behind her.

"I'm in love with Noah Schnapp," Finn announced to no one but me. Nevertheless, I smiled.

"You're such a dork," I giggled a little, pecking his nose with a quick kiss, "but I love you anyways. Let's go eat breakfast."

It was moments like these that I wish that people understood that love is love. The moment where you know that you've fallen, but it's not for someone who society deems "socially acceptable." It sometimes feels like nobody understands my feelings.

But then I look into Finn's beautiful brown eyes, and I realize that this is all worth it. Every single mean comment, every single person that hates gays. Everyone that makes fun of people who are different from what they see as "normal." None of that matters, because for the past week, I have been waking up to the boy of my dreams.

And I will continue to love that boy, despite what anyone else says.

-

eek i promised some foah so here it is!!

i apologize for taking so long to update.

can we get this book to 1000 views? xo