chapter eight

"You blow a fuse, the devil cuts loose."

Noah

-

I woke up alone the next morning. 

I shot up in my bed, obviously confused, as I had not fallen asleep that night alone. I called for my mom, who was, hopefully, in the next room. I heard her footsteps down the hallway as I sat up in my bed. As she came inside, the same expression that I had when I first realized shadowed across her face. 

"Where's Finn?" She asked, slightly concerned. She looked around the room, as if he were hiding from her. She then looked back at me, as if I knew where he was. 

I shrugged my shoulders, sighing a bit, "I have.. no clue."

She sat down next to me and patted my leg, looking at me. I simply looked at my lap. I couldn't look up at her. I had somehow managed to lose Finn. I should've done something. I should've known that he would do this. 

"Put your shoes on," she said, sitting up from my bed, "We're going to look for him." 

She then left my room, closing the door behind her. I fell back onto the bed, looking up at the ceiling for a few moments. I had no clue where Finn could've gone. He wouldn't have gone back home, and to be honest, he didn't have very many friends that lived locally. As far as I knew, he didn't really have anywhere to go. 

I grabbed my shoes, which had been carefully tucked underneath of my bed, and put them on, not even worrying about changing my clothes. I tied up the laces, and left my room, flipping the light switch off behind me. 

My mom grabbed her keys, and we were out the door. We didn't really say much to each other. There was nothing to say. My mom turned the radio on, as if she were trying to tune out the deafening silence that was surrounding us. I felt as though I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move for that matter. I couldn't do anything, I had to find him. My mom asked her if I wanted to stop for breakfast, but I kindly declined her offer, not sure that I could keep a meal down. 

We searched all over town for him, even stopping in to a few community centers to see if they had seen the boy, but nobody had. With every passing moment, I became more worried. My stomach felt as though it were eating itself from the inside. I couldn't stop biting my nails, and I was practically shaking. I couldn't help but think the worst. What if we never find him? What if somebody took him? What if he's dead, and we're too late?

I'm so lost in my thoughts, that I didn't notice that my mom had a red light, yet she continued driving. 

A car is coming from our left, but I don't really feel us collide. I know we had to have, because we were stopped. The car was smoking, but the radio was still playing. 

"Oh love don't let me go."

My mom wasn't talking. I couldn't tell if she was passed out, or maybe just in shock. 

"Won't you take me where the streetlights glow?"

Everything is a blur. I can hear people surrounding me, but I can't move. 

"I could hear it coming."

Something was wrenching the door off, I could sort of hear it. 

"I coud hear the sirens sound."

I could hear sirens, but I really couldn't hear anything. People were yelling. 

"Now my feet won't touch the ground."

I couldn't see anything anymore. I couldn't feel anything. The last thing I remember is being put onto a stretcher, but now, it doesn't feel like I'm in an ambulance. I'm floating through time and space. I can't touch anything, because there is nothing to touch. I can't hear anything but the sound of my own thoughts, which also seems to be faded. I try to yell, for someone to help me, but no sound comes out when I open my mouth. I can't remember how to open my eyes. 

I then hear someone talking, someone unfamiliar.

"Noah has suffered devestating damage, but he got lucky. He wasn't impacted to much. He'll need a lot of time for recovering, but he'll be fine eventually. 100% of the Noah you used to know will not come back, but he'll be alive, and he'll live a somewhat healthy life."

I can hear the voice, but I can't see them. I can feel myself struggling, trying to get out of this strange sleep-like state. 

But then I hear the voice again, the voice coming for the strange black void. 

"Karine on the other hand... We did everything we could, but unfortunately, we do believe that she had passed before she could reach our help. I'm sorry for your loss."

Karine. It sounds so familiar, but I just can't figure out why. 

My vision goes white, and then blurry. I can see a man that I do not recognize, speaking to a man that looked just like my father. 

"Dad?" I attempted to say, but it came out as more of a noise. I couldn't quite talk. 

Both the man, and my dad turned to me as I made the noise. My dad had tears streaming down his cheeks, and he came over to me, hugging me as much as he could, without hurting me that is. 

"Dad, what's wrong?" I wasn't sure that he knew what I said, but he pulled up a chair, and held my hand beside my bed. He stared at me for a little while, a bittersweet smile on his face. 

"Noah, your mom.. didn't make it."

-

cliffhanger sort of

ANYWAYS what do you think is going to happen next???(-: (-:

stay tuned!!!!! also, please comment your opinions on this story,

because i'm still not sure that i like it ah.