Chapter 11

The six hour flight from Iceland to New York was torture, not because of the duration but due to being consumed by my own thoughts. During the flight, Gabriello and I didn't exchange one word. I was three when my mother 'died', so I could only vaguely remember details about her. Not knowing her almost killed me when I was younger. Knowing that I could have known her infuriated me.

When I arrived to New York, Gabe and I parted ways. We didn't exchange goodbye. We walked in the opposite direction as though we were strangers. I remember opening the door at eleven pm to see the faces of some members of my family at the dinner table. Some playing poker while others did what seemed to be paperwork.

Entering the dining room, all eyes were on me. I stood at the tail of the twelve-foot table, whilst uncle Nate sat at the head. I dropped my duffle bag slowly and looked into uncle Nate's brown eyes.

The people sitting around the table were Michael, uncle Jason, aunt Kat, uncle Donny, Jameson and Vanessa. Chace did the dishes behind them but looked over to me when I came in. I hadn't seen himself I put him to sleep in Norway.

Uncle Nate looked at me as though he knew everything, where i had been, what I had found out, what I had been doing and who I had been doing it with. Without hesitation, I pulled out my Magnum 22 from my back pocket and pointed it straight at his head.

I've had perfect aim since I was eleven, one shot and he's dead.

He knew that.

"Hi Taylor, nice to see you too" my cousin Jameson greeted sarcastically.

I had shot uncle Jason and Michael before, they knew I don't bluff, hence the fear on all of their faces — all but Uncle Nate, he remained perfectly calm. The rest kept their mouths shut and just observed.

"Taylorina" uncle Nate greeted flatly.

"Don't" I ordered, my eyes enraged. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Taylorina, why don't you sit down" uncle Nate cocked a brow.

"Answer my question! Why didn't you tell me that my mother's alive!" I cried struggling to hold back my tears, "or that I have a sister, working for the Larrunzarios?"

"You what!" Uncle Donny gasped.

"What are you talking about?" Vanessa asked me.

"Why didn't you tell me!" I repeated.

"Uncle Nate, what is she talking about?" Jameson asked frantically.

"Dad, what's going on?" Michael asked him.

"Nate?" Aunt Kat widened her eyes.

I pushed my brows together, examining each of their faces. None of them knew?

"Nate?" I heard a family voice from a distance.

I turned my head to see my father with his bloodshot red eyes and crossed arms. He slowly took a few steps towards my uncle. My eyes widened at the sight of him. It was as though I had just seen a ghost.

"I thought you were in Germany?" I asked him.

"Just got back," he said simply as glaring at uncle Nate. Avoiding the very thought of looking at me. "Nate-"

"Taylorina" uncle Nate kept his eyes on my dad "they only knew about your mother"

My eyes widened in shock.

"So it is true" Dad nodded, his eyes wide. "You fucking dog-" he screamed, grabbing uncle Nate by the shirt, forcing him up on to his feet.

Uncle Nate's cane falls to the floor.