Chapter 13

I watched as Gabe evacuated from my family's property. I couldn't comprehend how they could be downstairs. Had they been hiding in their rooms until Uncle Nate was down talking to me? With that, I quickly walked down the staircase and to the ground floor. To my surprise, I find everybody going about their day across the mansion.

I entered the kitchen slowly, where I folded my arms at my family.

"Zac and Chris are returning from Sydney, Australia today" Uncle Nate announced from the head of the table.

"So they're out" Aunt Kat sighed.

"I'll do it" Michael offered.

"No son, I need you and Rosemary to go to Russia tomorrow" uncle Nate softly.

"We'll do it" Jameson smiled, looking over at Sage. "Berlins not for another week"

"I can give them my supplies from Lebanon" John offered, "it'll go smoothly"

I furrowed my brows at John. His light brown hair messy. His Brooklyn t shirt a couple of sizes too big.

"Alright then, Jameson and Sage are on Poland" aunt Kat wrote down on the notepad in front of her 

"Morning Tay," Chace greeted me, sipping his coffee from the counter.

"Nice of you to finally join us" Uncle Jason cried from his seat.

That's when I wondered who knew about what happened last night, besides Uncle Nate, uncle Donny, aunt Kat, Vanessa and Michael.

"Taylor" John's eyes widened, walking towards me.

That's when I knew John also knew.

"What is-" I glared at uncle Nate first then shifted my gaze to John whom had his arms around me, pulling me to his chest.

"Are you okay?" He asked, "Vanessa told me what happened"

"Hey all" I heard a familiar voice greet from behind me.

I pull away from John, turning around. The boys dropped their suitcases a few feet from me, before smiling at the family.

"Hey, I thought you two weren't getting here till ten?" Michael asked the boy's from across the room.

"It is ten," Zac rolled his eyes.

"No, its six" Sage argued.

"Rina!" Chris smiled at me, running his fingers through his wavy dirty blond hair.

He then wrapped his arms around my stomach and lifting me off the ground. In 2007, Chris was sixteen and 5'11. I grinned at him. Zac then pulled Chris off me, before giving me a gentle hug, not intended for comfort.

"How did it go?" He whispered in my left ear.

"I'll tell you all about it later" I assured him.

"You dumb arses! He put our clocks backwards" Michael glared at his dad whom just casually sipped his coffee.

Everyone in my family relied on alarm clocks to wake up in the mornings. We were jet lagged almost always from the constant travel as well as our awful sleeping patterns that had been developed over the years.

I now know that Uncle Nate had Chace set their alarm clocks back so no one saw that I was in the medical facility.

"I had an appointment at nine thirty!" Kyle threw his arms in the air, entering the kitchen with his sister Vanessa following him.

"What appointment?" Vanessa asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry I thought I was no longer related to you?" Kyle snapped.