Chapter 5: My Road to Redemption

*Author's note

I separated this chapter into mini-chapters because it just felt right to do so since the drive to the resort had different components like how Ava was feeling before the trip, the trip itself, etc. Their relationship also kind of goes through a mini transformation as well as you will find in here. :)

I hope you guys enjoy!

If you see any grammatical errors or typos, I am truly very sorry. My brain dies after editing over and over and over again. :))

5.1 TIME FLIES BY WHEN YOU’RE TERRIFIED

AVA

It's already Friday. It seemed as though I just blinked and now, judgment day has come.

Only difference is, it's not so much a day as 2 days and 3 nights of torment for me.

I can only imagine how Oliver is feeling. He must be overflowing with excitement.

He thrives in these situations.

I wished for something to come up at work so I would have an excuse to back out.

I even called my father but he was no help either.

All he said was,

"That's great, sweetheart! You should definitely go. Don't worry about the company. Todd made arrangements already. Now you two have fun."

He hung up and I didn't even get to say anything.

Todd took care of everything already. How he managed to do so, I'm not entirely sure.

And as if by magic, my dear brother comes bursting through the door.

As usual, he was wearing a suit. A gray one for today, probably an Armani suit.

His hair was fixed perfectly as if he was trying to recreate David Beckham's perfect hair.

"Wonderful day, isn't it?" He said with a huge smile on his face.

I put my pen down and looked up at him questioningly.

"Are you high?"

He sighed, "I'm flattered that you think so highly of me, Ava."

I rolled my eyes at him,

"Wouldn’t be the first time."

He sat down on one of the chairs in front of my desk and stared at me like some kid waiting for candy.

I sighed deeply and closed the folder in front of me.

"What do you want, Todd?"