Chapter 29: Leverage

OLIVER

“Excuse me, who are you?” The brunette receptionist asked. She must be new.

I smile before approaching her and placed the small bag of groceries on the floor beside Bandit.

“Oliver Royce. I’m Ava Baron’s fiancé.”

She frowned and eyed me suspiciously, “Are you sure? Because her fiancé came earlier today.”

What does she mean by that? I didn’t come by earlier today.

“Good evening Mr. Royce. Dinner with Ms. Ava?” Albert, their valet/doorman came in.

“You know him?” The brunette points at me.

“Yes, he is Ms. Baron’s fiancé.”

“That can’t be. I sent her fiancé up earlier today. He had brown hair and brown eyes, really good looking. Not as good looking as him, though.” She points out.

Shit. I know exactly who that is.

My heart drops and I rush to the elevators, Bandit sprinting beside me.

“Hey! Where are you going?!” She calls out after me.

It was as though the elevator was moving at a snail’s pace and I was getting more and more agitated. Bandit wouldn’t stop going in circles inside the elevator. We were both angry and scared at that moment.

“It’s okay, buddy. She’s fine. She’s fine.” I kept repeating that to ease both our nerves. She has to be okay. She has to be.

The elevators open up to an empty apartment and nothing seemed out of place.

No signs of a break in, none at all.

Bandit runs out of the elevator and straight into Ava’s room. I follow Bandit into the room and I saw the door to her walk in closet was open. She never leaves it open.

I walk slowly to the closet, afraid of what I might find.

Before I could push the door wider, my phone starts to vibrate in my pocket.

“Hello?”

“Oliver! Is Ava with you?”

I gulped. “No.”

“Shit! Robb took her. I know it. I don’t know how, I just know. Damn it!”

I finally push the door open and a small note was taped to the mirror along with a photo of Ava bound and gagged. Somehow, I knew that Todd was right. I just didn’t want to believe it yet.

If you call the cops, you will never see her again.