Chapter 18: Too Good to be True

*Author's note:

had to take this chapter down and edit it. It was so profoundly ugly before so I changed a couple of stuff.

Thank you friends! You know who you are. :)

OLIVER

Ava and I have been busy with work but I would occasionally drop by for a quick lunch and then we’d both have to immediately go back to being CEOs.

Suffice to say, I missed her like hell.

While going through various documents for the expansion, my office phone rang, breaking my train of thought.

“Yes?”

“Mr. Royce, someone is here to see you. Ms. Camilla Bradford.”

My heart stopped.

I completely forgot about Camilla. Since the past three months with Ava have been so wonderful, Camilla’s threats became a thing of the past. I was supposed to give her a call but I decided to put it aside first. Naturally, I forgot about it and now it’s come to bite me.

“Mr. Royce?”

“Yes, let her in.”

“Olly!” Camilla cheerfully greeted me as she strutted towards my desk. She made herself comfortable on one of the chairs in front of me. I didn’t bother to stand up.

“What do you want?” I hissed through my teeth.

“Oh Olly, you know what I want. Don’t tell me you’ve already forgotten!”

“How could I forget? You want me to destroy the only good thing that has ever happened to me since Casey passed away.”

She cocked her head to one side, taunting me.

“Oh don’t exaggerate. Just break up with her. It won’t be that hard.”

I shook my head. This can’t be happening.

Then I made my decision.

“I won’t do it, Camilla.”

“I love her. There is no way I’m letting her go. Not for you, not for anyone!”

Her diabolical expression deeply bothered me but I had to stand my ground. I can’t let her get to me. I have to fight for this relationship.

“You love her?” She chuckled and looked back up at me.

“Oh you’re not kidding. Alright, this is going to get even more interesting,”

She clapped her hands, the villainous smile never leaving her face.

She stood up and slung her bag over her shoulders.

“Suit yourself, Mr. Royce. Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you.”

And with that, she left my office. I’m set on calling her bluff. She can’t get me to break up with Ava, not when I’m starting to have serious feelings for her.