Chapter 31: Waiting

Author's note:

So this is like a filler chapter of sorts which means it might be kind of boring but it's totally necessary. 

I'll try to update as soon as possible to give us all closure. hahaha! anyway, hope this keeps you all sated for the mean time. :D

OLIVER

“Olly, I want to go to work, please?” Ava pleads as I cook breakfast.

“Not going to happen. Strict orders from your doctor. You have a lot of healing to do and your father’s with me on this. He’ll send you your work via email and you will work at home.” I stand my ground while I flip pancakes.

“The men in my life are ganging up against me. The only one who would actually take my side is in a coma right now. Life is not fair at all!”

“We are all on your side, babe. We want you to get better, that’s all.” I walk over to her with the stack of pancakes and wrap my arms around her shoulders.

“I know, I just want to work so I don’t sit around here all day worrying about Todd.” She whispers, not meeting my eyes.

“We’ll visit him today. We’ll visit everyday.” I kiss her temple and she smiles. Ava and I start to eat breakfast together and I could see hints of worry play across her features from time to time. Of course she’s still worried about Todd. They’re twins and have spent their lives being inseparable from one another; this must be agonizing for Ava.

She’s not in much pain now, she’s able to go on longer walks with me and Bandit around the park.

“When are we visiting? I also want to check up on Hanna, last time I saw her she looked like she’s not getting much sleep.”

“We’ll just grab lunch and then we can go. Is that good?”

She nods and we drive off to a Greek restaurant for lunch. Ava’s excitement was showing through as she finished her food in mere minutes and insisted on going as soon as I was done with my meal.

She’s practically jumping out of her skin while I ate and I couldn’t help but laugh at her.

“Stop laughing and eat faster!”

“I’m done, I’m done! Jeez. If Todd doesn’t wake up soon, I swear I’m going to shake him until he regains consciousness.”

“You think I haven’t tried that?”

I stare at her through hooded eyes, weighing her answer if it had any truth in it. You never really know with twins.

“I’m kidding! You should have seen your face, Olly!”

She starts laughing uncontrollably and I just shake my head.

“We should just go now. Being away from your twin is making you crazy.”

~**~

We got to the hospital and Bandit is in his best behavior. Some of the nurses recognized him and asked to pet him. This dog has become a mascot in this hospital in just a matter of days.