Chapter 6: We Have Arrived

*Author's note

I really like cars which is why I made it a big deal for Oliver to have a nice car. I noticed how some of the stories I've read would have a McLaren sports car. Not a big fan of McLaren so I gave Olly an Aventador and Ava a BMW. Not sure if you guys wanted to know that but it's out there. :)
I actually have until chapter 14 but I'm drawing it out to see if BFTW is received warmly by people.

If you're liking it so far, let me know!

OLIVER

She sat up and fixed her hair. She combed through it and straightened out her dress.

In all honesty, she looks a lot better with her hair down.

She turned to face me and said,

"I'm ready,"

I turned to face the road and grinned,

"Let's kick some ass."

I averted my gaze back to the road and turned on the headlights to high beam.

The moment those lights turned on, all eyes were on us. I heard Ava gulp as the heads turned to see who was coming.

We were far so they couldn’t tell what car or who was coming

I revved the engine before speeding up the driveway and drifting as we approached the entrance. As the wheels violently scraped the pavement, smoke rose up from behind the car, making our entrance even more dramatic.

I never get to do this so I was as excited as she was.

Ava turned to me and said excitedly, "That was amazing! Where did you learn how to drift?"

"Tell you all about it later," i winked.

I shut off the engine and glanced at her,

She nodded and i opened both doors with the press of a button.

We heard audible gasps from the crowd as the scissor doors went up simultaneously.

They craned their necks to  see who had arrived.

I popped the trunk open for the attendant to unload our luggage. I stepped out and walked to Ava's side of the car.

She looked nervous so I reached out my hand to her and gave her a reassuring smile.

She took a deep breath and reached out for my hand.

I gently pulled her out of the car and as she stepped out, her skirt was lightly blown up by the wind.

As she looked up, the crowd gasped. With that reaction, I assumed they were the classmates she was talking about.