Chapter 21: Very Fitting

Sorry for the late update! Huhu will work faster now, I promise! New chapters coming soon. I finally have ideas for the rest of the story. 

I was having a hard time deciding how to get to the climax of the story. There were so many ideas and I didn't know which one to use. >.< 

However! I've laid out the rest of the story so I just need to fill in the details and post them.

Are you excited?! :D

OLIVER

The three-month old black and white Siberian Husky rushed towards Ava the moment we walked into the door. And Ava, as if by instinct, bent down to play with the puppy.

“Oliver! You didn’t tell me you got a puppy!” She looked up at me with childlike wonder and excitement.

I shrugged and bent down beside her. “I don’t have a puppy. You do.” I stood up and walked to my desk where a blue duffel bag was sitting.

I turned to see Ava’s very confused face. “What do you mean?”

With the duffel bag in hand, I walked towards her and handed her the leash that was hanging from the open bag. “Ava, I want you to meet Bandit. He’s your new roommate.”

It seemed like she had tears in her eyes.

“You’re not serious…” Her voice trailed off as she looked down on the puppy that was staring up at her with its big blue eyes.

“No, love. He’s all yours.”

She shrieked and enveloped me in a tight embrace. “Thank you! How did you know? The color, the eyes, the markings….”

Bandit was black and white with black markings around the eyes that resembled a mask and he had big blue eyes. He was the puppy she always wanted never got as a child.

“You have a twin, remember?” I replied with a sheepish grin on my face.

She smiled as she got the pieces together in her head. “And by the way, Alex Myers is not actually a stylist. She’s a dog breeder.” I added.

“Oh my god Olly. I’m so sorry…” She also realized how she assumed I was cheating on her with Alex.

I waved my hand to dismiss the wrong assumption. “It’s alright. At least you now know why she was here that day.”

She nodded as she watched Bandit run around the room with his ball that he found under my desk.

“Oh, before I forget,” I rummaged through the duffel bag to look for one more thing I had to give her.

“His collar and ID tag. I had it made especially for him. See, it has his name in front and your number at the back in case he gets lost.” I showed her the features of the circular chrome tag. In front, BANDIT was engraved in bold letters while Ava’s cellphone number was at the back.

“This is wonderful, Oliver… I don’t know how--”

“You don’t have to do anything to thank me. I did this because I want to see you happy.”