Chapter 15: The Morning After

AVA

I woke up the following morning, feeling well rested and rejuvenated. Yes, I just said that.

I want to say that because of the alcohol, everything was a blur. But it wasn’t. I remember everything clearly; our bodies moving in perfect sync, his lips conquering mine and the ripping pleasure that came afterwards.

The ripping pleasure that came three times afterwards.

Why don’t I feel horrible about this. I tried to guilt-trip myself into feeling some sort of remorse or guilt or something. Something that will make me regret what I-- what we just did.

I finally opened my eyes and I realized that I was kept in place by Oliver’s arms. My face was practically buried in his chest and he smelled sweet, like a combination of cinnamon and fresh green apples. Spicy and sweet at the same time. He does use a shower gel with the same flavor. I breathed in his scent and pressed my body into his. I raised my hand up to touch his chiseled jawline and my fingertips traveled to his lips. I traced the shape of his lips before  grazing his cheek with the tips of my nails.

His eyes fluttered open and he slowly looked down at me. His eyes were still ridden with sleep.

“Hey,” He croaked as he swept stray hair away from my face.

“Hello.” I smiled at him.

He propped up on one elbow and stared deep into my eyes.

“Do  you feel like punching me after what happened last night?”

My lips turned up into a smile and I held his face in my hands. I pulled him closer and he closed the gap in between our lips.

When I pulled away, I looked up at him and said, “Did that feel like a punch?”

He laughed and kissed my forehead. “Not really.”

He pulled me in and held me in his arms.

“Can we stay like this for a while?” He asked absent-mindedly.

I cozied up to him and he held me tight.

We watched the sunrise from our bed and we stayed like that, completely content and satisfied. That moment has been etched in my memory forever.

I thought I’d be dripping with self-loathing by now. And I even swore that I wouldn’t sleep with him, ever. And here I am, I have already slept with him.

There are absolutely no excuses. No guilt, too. This whole weekend had been amazing and I kept stopping myself from realizing that Oliver has been nothing short of perfect these past few days. I’ve seen him with other women and I’ve seen how those things all end.

I do have a brother who had the same habits.

Needless to say, the ending wasn’t always pretty. Most of the time, Todd would have to sneak out of wherever he had just spent the night and rush home and I know Oliver did the same. They weren’t big fans of cuddling either.

But here we are, cuddling. Like what I said last night, I wasn’t drunk. I remember that I made the decision to let go and finally be with him because that’s what I’ve been wanting to do ever since he asked me to let go.