Chapter 7: Resorts are for Families

*Author's note

Like I said, I was holding out buuuuut I couldn't help myself, I just had to post. If I really can't help myself anymore, I'll post 8 too.  

Let me know what you think of the story so far! :)

AVA

We started following the golf cart in front of us and as we were going very slowly, I got to see the different places in the resort.

Connor Lloyd outdid himself, this resort is beautiful.

It was spacious and luxurious.

From the driveway, I saw a couple of pools, a restaurant, a bar, a spa and what seemed to be a large function room.

Pretty expensive for a reunion, I thought to myself.

The attendant led us around the pool areas and stopped at the parking lot.

There were already a lot of cars parked in it though it wasn't full just yet.

While Oliver chose where to park, I realized that I had forgotten something.

I started to frantically search my bag for my phone and Oliver noticed my sudden change in demeanor.

"What's wrong? Did you forget something in the reception hall?"

I found my phone and started to search my contacts for the number I needed to call,

"Nothing, I just remembered that I have a twin,"

"Hello?"

"Todd!" I yelled on to the phone.

"Hey Ava! I was just about to call you! are you there already?" He sounds cheerful.

Wonder what he had for lunch.

"Yeah, I'm already here, where are you?" I sounded like a parent.

"I'm on my way. I just needed to pick up my date," He said casually.

A date?! Why does he have a date? and why didn't he tell me?

My throat dried up. This is such a bad idea.

"You have a what, now?"

"A date, little sister. You're not the only one who's allowed to bring a date." There, that one had a little venom in it.

"I'm not your little sister. and why do you feel the need to outdo me anyway?"

He scoffed, "I don't. and by the way, you are. A minute and 12 seconds, to be exact littler than I am."

He is going to use that against me for the rest of our lives.

"Besides, with Oliver there, I'd have actual competition for prom king!"