Chapter 25: Lesser Evils

This chapter will focus on Ava more as I want to dwell on how she's taking this whole thing. Also, since she was the one who wanted to break up with Oliver and wouldn't give him a chance to explain, I thought we should read about how much she's suffering at the moment. TEEHEE

AVA

"Bandiiiiit! We're going for a walk!" I called out to my dog who was somewhere in my apartment. After a brief moment of silence, I hear him walk towards me and he nudged me with his nose since my back was turned to him. He grew so fast! It was as if he reached his adult size in the blink of an eye. He was no longer a cute, little mini wolf I brought to company functions.

"Yes, wait. Sit down first."

I was crouched down in front of a box in my pantry, looking for a specific black leash. He's since outgrown the very first collar he had so I had to buy a new one for him as well as a leash we could use for all kinds of weather.

It was October and it was becoming increasingly cold. I had to wear layers while Bandit relished it. He was built for cold weathers after all.

After finally locating his leash, I attached it to his collar. Bandit loved walking outside especially now that it's colder. His soulful blue eyes said nothing else other than, "Let's go out now, please!"

I grabbed my scarf from the counter and straightened out my taupe brown cashmere sweater before wrapping the scarf around my neck. Bandit was getting antsy so I had to stuff my legs into my brown leather boots quickly before he lost his mind.

I took advantage of our time in the elevator to fix my hair into a high ponytail, and once we were in the lobby, Albert, our doorman greeted us warmly before petting Bandit.

It was such a beautiful day, not just because the weather was just right but also due to the noticeable absence of the paparazzi in front of my apartment building. I became a sudden person of interest after I became associated with the infamous playboy billionaire, Oliver Royce. After that relationship went down the drain, my everyday life suddenly became page six worthy, resulting to paparazzis waiting for me outside my building.

They eventually got tired and the hype slowly died out after they realized that I'm not that interesting after all. Basically, I returned to my peaceful life without them.

As Bandit and I made our way around Central Park, my phone started to vibrate in my pocket.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ava! I'm just checking if we're still on for dinner tonight."

"Yes, of course. 7 right?"

"Yep, I'll come by and pick you up then. See you then!"

Bandit stared at me as if disapproving of my decision to go on a date with Robb.

"Don't look at me like that, Bandit. I don't appreciate your judgment."

Bandit turned away and huffed.