Chapter 20: Uneasy Feeling

AVA

I was woken up violently by an unknown force that was shaking me, causing me to have a wonderful headache so early on in the morning.

“Wake up! Wake up! Wake up, right now!!!”

I opened my eyes to see Hanna hovering over me.

“What the hell, Hanna?!”

“You have been so busy, you were neglecting the best part of your life!”

“Yes! Sleep!”

I ducked under the covers and tried to go back to sleep only to have my comforter snatched away from me.

“I meant me!”

She grunted and stomped out of my room.

“We are going right now!”

Hanna demanded from outside my room.

I sat up and tied my hair. “Where the hell are we going? I have work, you know.”

She shrugged. “Somewhere. I told Todd I would be kidnapping you today and he’s fine with it.”

I narrowed my eyes at her. “You talked to him or you tricked him into agreeing with it?”

She waved her hands in the air as if to dispel what I just said. “Tricked. Talked. Whatever. There’s no difference.”

“Now go get ready before I throw you into your shower!”

She can be really bossy when she wants to be.

Seeing as there was still a chance that I’m going to work, I opted to go for a smart casual look. Cream camis, skinny dress pants with a loose navy blue blazer. Hanna was about to blow her top so I had to grab the nearest pair of shoes. Which just happen to be black pumps. Not bad for a mad grab.

No time for makeup so I could only do what lazy women do. Tinted lip balm and a bit of foundation. I really hate it when I can’t go through my whole makeup routine. It messes up my day.

My hair was a wavy mess when I stepped out.

“Took you long enough!” She exclaimed.

“Well you ambushed me, you crazy woman! What am I supposed to do?!”

She didn’t reply anymore, just strutted towards my elevator and pressed the down button.

Hanna was wearing a green jersey dress and strappy heels. “What’s with the look?”

I asked.

“What’s wrong with it?”
She immediately felt conscious with what she was wearing and I started laughing.