March 3, 2017

Happy birthday, love! I hope you like the present I left you (I also hope Chris remembered to give it to you if he didn't, just nag him until he finds it).

You always said we were like the sun and moon. I never understood what you meant, even after you'd explain it to me. I guess I never saw it the same way you do, but now I kind of get it. Or at least, I have my own perspective; they're meant to be together, but there's a force keeping them apart. In their case, it's gravity; in ours, it's time.

You brighten everything you touch. I never told you this, but your smile always made me feel this ridiculous tingly feeling in my stomach. For the longest time I wanted nothing more than to get rid of it, but you showed me things that made me never want it to stop.

Whatever you decide to do today, don't waste it away watching Netflix with unhealthy snacks buried under all the blankets you could find in your closet. Go out with Dinah and Mani (and Ally, if you can find her I know she's too small to spot sometimes, and you can tell her I said that)! Have fun! Eat too much pizza (not that you don't already) and stay up past 9:30 (it always confused me that you were even able to pass out at that time anyway, with all the pizza you eat you'd think you'd be running a marathon)! Get crazy!! Get wild!!! Have two beers instead of one!!!!

Anyway, just have as much fun as you can without me (though I know it's difficult, because I'm just so awesome and not being in my presence is worse than Hell). And tell my mom I love her. She doesn't get her next letter for another month.

I love you more than you'll ever know.

Love,

Lauren

(P.S. Drink responsibly)