June 27, 2017

It's my birthday!!! Have a cupcake for me?

Actually, I take that back. Have a beer for me, since it's my 21st. But don't get drunk (just, be responsible because I love you and I don't want you getting hurt).

You've always asked me what I wish for every single birthday. Now that I can't blow out my own candle, I guess I'll have to tell you.

Every year I wished for the same thing. It hasn't changed once since I met you. And this is going to sound extremely cheesy, but I'm not lying when I say I always wished that we would be happy. I wanted you to make that wish for me today.

But the more I think about it now, I want to change my wish for the first time in years. This year, I wish that everyone is happy. My family, the girls, you... I hope you all find your peace, whatever peace entails for each of you...

You know what day I'm writing this? February 2nd. And however irrelevant that may seem, I can assure you it's not. I'm in bed sick, but I feel amazing, because you know what? You were just here around an hour ago, and you always make everything better. I'll feel amazing again today (the day you're reading this) if you visit me. Bring the cupcake and the girls and make my wish for me.

As always, I love you lots.

Love,

Lauren