July 4, 2017

Happy Fourth of July! I know this has always been your favorite holiday. Do me a favor and make sure my parents didn't chicken out on their yearly party! They better be getting ready as you read, or I'll be pissed from afar.

It was always secretly my favorite holiday, too. You'd get your guitar and we'd sing songs with the girls around the fire. When it was late enough we'd light off so many fireworks, and my neighbors would pass us the next day and say "thanks for the show!" Because even though they were celebrating by themselves with family, they still sat on their porches and enjoyed the view... It's a good holiday.

My absolute favorite Fourth of July was 2013. You'd just gotten your hair cut down to your shoulders, and it was so cute that whenever I looked at you I'm sure my face did that lovey thing Dinah always complained about whenever she hung out with us.

You convinced me to wear a bikini even though I hadn't worn one in years (I'm always so self-conscience, but you always make me feel beautiful). We swam for hours and my dad let us control the music (which he never does, so it was amazing).

You played me that song you wrote for me when we started dating and I tried to tell you that you were too good for me... We kissed and there were literal fireworks going off around us. It was perfect.

My dad better make his famous nachos.. my mouth is watering at the thought. Tomorrow, when I get to go home, I'm going to ask him to make some. Under normal circumstances, he'd turn me down, but he kind of has to since I won't be here much longer.

On a happier note, have a good Fourth of July! Make sure they get a lot of the blue fireworks I like. They were always so beautiful, like you.

Love,

Lauren