December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas! I wrote you an acrostic poem because I love you and I wanted to make you smile:

Can't you see you're all I need?
A lovely smile is all I see.
My love for you is always true.
I wish that you could see it too.
Let's enjoy our time to be,
A couple together happily.

It even rhymes! I put a lot of effort into this, so you'd better be proud of me.

I hope you like my present. It's a promise ring. I couldn't give it to you in person because I knew that if I said what I'm about to say, it would only make you upset and you'd tell me not to think like this. But I promise that as long as I'm in existence, I will always be with you and I will always love you.

Even though we both know I won't be able to stay around forever, and that our story together will be ending a lot faster than either of us wants... in spirit, I'll never be as far away as you think. Just say my name, and I'll be right there beside you. Even if you can't see me, or feel me, I'll be there.

I love you, I love you, I love you.

Remember last Christmas, when my medicine changed and I was super loopy the next day because I hadn't adjusted to it? You helped me down the stairs and gave me a ton of kisses because I was really clingy and I wanted attention. We exchanged gifts, and all I could remember past that was the huge smile that remained on your face for the rest of the day.

I hope you have a good Christmas without me.

(I've been hoping and promising a lot of things lately. I hope my promises are fulfilled.)

Love,

Lauren