November 23, 2017

Happy turkey day, love.

Did Chris get you the right thing? I left a note with this letter for him to go to the bakery and buy you those soft turkey-shaped cookies I know you love. I used to buy them for you, but I guess it's up to him now.

Our families didn't abandon the gathering we usually have, did they? The Cabellos and Jaureguis always get together for Thanksgiving and Christmas. You'd better be at the gathering right now. Make sure they don't forget about me I want at least one toast in my name.

Remember how we always used to cuddle up on the couch, watching the Macy's parade while Chris and my dad have one of their traditional who-can-eat-the-most-hot-wings battles. Chris always loses, and I can bet he'll lose this year too.

Things are going well for me here in the past (this is cool, I feel like a time traveler or some shit). I just got back home, and my parents plan to take me to dinner with you and your parents. I don't think I've been to a restaurant in over a month, so it's wonderful. As weird as it is to think about, I'm sure you remember what I'm talking about (though it hasn't happened for me yet).

I swear, you get more beautiful every time I see you. But in all fairness, you could really do anything to your body and I'd still find you beautiful. I apologize, this has moved on from Thanksgiving.

I'm so helplessly in love with you.

Love,

Lauren