Fights (Part 1)

Simon

I look over at Baz across the classroom, he's seemed quiet today. Maybe something bad happened. I doubt he'll tell me.

"Simon, please focus." I turned to see Miss Possibelf looking down at me holding her wand with both hands I look down at my desk.

"Sorry, Miss." I mumble, more talking to my useless wand in my hands. She walks of my table and I see Baz give me a distasteful sideways glance. He lips are curled into a sneer but then again he only ever sneers or pouts. So instead of studying Baz's face I look back at Penny. She mouths What was that about? I shrugged my shoulders in response.

"Simon, Penelope. Will you please focus." I get a last glance at Penny who rolls her eyes mightily once Miss Possibelf had turned her back to us. Miss Possibelf continued to explain the lesson but as soon as every one else was getting on with there work she strides over to my desk. Stopping in her tracks as she reaches my desk. I still focus on the empty notebook page in front of me.

"Simon, what is wrong with you today. I've had to tell you to focus more times in today's lesson than the whole year," she looks down at my empty notebook, "and you've made no notes. See me after class please Simon."

"Yes, Miss." I say and my eyes flicker up to meet hers for a second and I can see she's disappointed. So I set my eyes back down on my desk. Fucking great, another bloody detention. I would usually turn around to talk to Penny but I can see Miss Possibelf watching me like a hawk. So I look down at my notebook and grad a pen from my bag. I start to write a title on the page: 'Things I've noticed about Baz'. I write down everything that is slightly off, the fact that he's been quiet, uninterested and withdrawn. Then I write a second title: 'Theories'. I write sick, family trouble and vampire. Then I decide to cross 'vampire' out because he never acts like this and he has always been a vampire. I look up at the clock and see it's nearly the end off the lesson. I sigh and glare down at my paper as Miss Possibelf tells us to pack away. I grab the notebook and pen and stuff it into my bag and lift it over my shoulder. I see Penny walk towards me.

"Are you coming, Simon?" She sounds quite irritated but not at me. I shake my head.

"No, I can't. Miss Possibelf wants to talk to me."

"Oh, well, I'll see you at tea once you've finished talking." And with that she walks towards the door. I look around the room, the only other person still left in here is Baz. He's taking he's taking his time packing away. Once he's done he glances up at me, this time he's not sneering or pouting, he looks pained, sad. He doesn't make a snarky comment, he just walks away without anymore than a glance.

"So, Simon. Are you OK?" Miss Possibelf's voice startles me as she takes a seat on the desk next to me.

"I'm fine." I say through gritted teeth. I just want to get out of here.

"You seemed distracted." I was distracted. But I couldn't tell my teacher that I was to busy watching my enemy to pay attention.

"I...No." What the fuck. Why did I just say no?

"Come back here after tea, Simon, you can finish of this lesson's work then." She moves out my way and lets me walk out the classroom. The corridor is practically empty, there's only one other person in it. And, of course, it's Baz. Then I think that this would be a good chance to ask him what's wrong.

"Hey Baz."

"Leave me alone, Snow," He turns to walk away from me but for some reason I grab his arm. He turns to me again, " I told you to leave me alone." His voice is slightly raised.

"Oh, sorry. I was only going to ask what's wrong but clearly you don't want to share your little rebellion's secrets with me." My voice is raised now.

"My little rebellion? Do you know anything Snow?" He's    raised his voice even more now to match my tone.

"I know enough!" I shout that at him. He turns away from me again so I push him. Which makes his head dart back round to meet my stare. He pushes me. Harder than I had pushed him. I grab the end of his tie and pull him down to look me in the eyes. He grasps my arm and attempts to push me off but I slip my arm out of his grip and punch him in the jaw. He retaliates by pushing me so hard I fall on the fall. I jump back up again and try to grasp at his neck but I over shoot it and dig my finger nails into the side of Baz's cheek. And just then Miss Possibelf walks out of her room and looks at me. So instead of trying to explain, I storm off and out into the lawns.

Fuck Baz.