April Fools

Baz

I'm sat at my desk, facing away from Snow, although I can tell he's staring at me. I hear him tap his pencil on his textbook several times before clearing his throat. I smirk and roll my eyes.

"You know, Snow, you could just say my name to get my attention." I state coldly, still not turning to face him. I flick my eyes to the side and watch him nod slightly. I just realised how concerned Snow actually looks. I sigh and turn to him.

"So, what did you want?" I ask brushing strands of my hair away from my face. He shifts to sit on the edge of his bed. He looks down at his lap where he fiddles with his hands. I sigh.

"Come on, Snow! I haven't got all night!" He flinches slightly at my raised voice and I regret making him feel more uncomfortable than he clearly already is.

"Ok, so like this is kind of...like sudden but...well...it's just...I wanted to tell you something." I roll my eyes mightily at the stupidity of Simon Snow, the Chosen One, the mage of mages.

"I gathered." I say coolly, not wanting to engage in conversation with Snow when I had studying to do. He sighs and looks up at me, his eyes are quite full with tears and the lights in the room reflect of the glassy surface. I sigh again, softening my features slightly.

"W-well...I-I th-think I might...th-think I might l-like you, like, like you, like you." At first my mouth falls open and my eyes open from the squinting position to form a perfect 'O'. Then another thought crosses my mind; the date. I turn back around to hide my amusement. I take a deep breath. April the first, April fools day. Snow clearly thinks I'm as stupid as him.

"So did you get your amusement Snow?" I ask sarcastically.

"M-my what?" I chuckle accidentally under my breath. Snow is playing dumb, well he really doesn't have to pretend that he's dumb, he is. I turn to face him, but his highly flushed cheeks are turned downwards, towards his lap.

"Really, Snow, did you think I wouldn't know the date and what happens on this date?" Snow looked up at me confused. I sighed. "I'm not falling for it, Snow." I say annoyance noticeable in my voice.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Baz. I don't even know the date." Snow looks hurt now. I can't take his games any more.

"You now damn well what day it is!" I growl at him, "The first of April, April fools day! You thought you could trick me, didn't you?! Thought you could embarrass me! Well, it didn't work, Snow! I didn't fall for it! So stop playing dumb and quit these fucking games!" I'm stood in front of him now, he's looking up at me. Then guilt comes crashing through me when Snow eyes overflow with tears and they begin to spill down the side of his face. I step back in amazement. I didn't mean to make him cry, I didn't want to make him cry.

"Is that really what you think of me?" He whimpers, his eyes casted down to his lap once more. I sob rips through his breath.

"Th-that wasn't a...joke?" He looks up at me, his face sends another shot of guilt through me.

"No, Baz...it wasn't." He says his voice is pathetically quiet. "Well thanks for telling me you don't feel the same in the nicest way possible. Not." His voice is stronger this time, not unwavering but strong enough to make me take a step back. I cover my face with my hands, fuck me. Snow was trying to tell me he loved me and I fucked everything up by shouting in his face.

"I-I do feel the same, you know." My voice is croaky from the tears I didn't know had fallen down my face. He looks up at me again, unmasked fury covering his face. Then he just crumbles again but this time I catch him. I wrap my arms around his back and he tries to struggle free of my hands, but my grip is so tight that he can't so he gives up. I kneel down on the floor in front of him and rest his head on my shoulder. He grips the back of my shirt, scraping his nails down my back but I don't tell him. He falls of the side of the bed and lands half in my lap, half on the floor, so I pull him completely into my lap.

"N-no one e-ever l-loved me. I-I just w-want to know what i-it feels like...to be loved." I run my hands through his hair as he talks in his ridiculously croaky voice.

"Hey, hey. Shh. I'll show you what it feels like to be loved. Come on, don't cry." He looks up at me, the tears on his eyes on pause for a second.

"Y-you'll show me?" He looks hopeful. I nod smiling slightly.

"Oh Baz." He says softly under his breath, rubbing his hand over my jaw. I cup my hand around his cheek, wiping my thumb under his eye to catch a stray tear falling down the curve of his cheekbone. I pull his face forward and let my lips dance softly over his, until he hooks his hand around the back of my head and starts pulling my face more into his. I smirk against his lips and lean deeper into him, with him pushing back just as much. He pulls away the tiniest bit so he can talk to me.

"Um...I have one more question." I laugh lightly and my lip brushes his.

"Go on then." He hesitates slightly, before taking a deep breath and talking.

"Do you...I-I mean, will you...be m-my boyfriend?" The small smile that once covered my face erupts into a huge grin, that makes my cheeks sore by holding it for just a couple of seconds.

"Of course I will, you bloody idiot." And I pull him into another smiling kiss.