𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊

────── ★★★ ──────

A faint beeping sound pulled Everly out of her deep sleep before she quickly turned off her alarm. After letting out a long sigh, she forced herself out of bed to get ready for the day. The Jones girl finished getting dressed before slipping on a jacket and going over to the jewelry box that Mary Margaret and David gave to her a few weeks ago. Everly just stared at the box for a long moment before slowly opening the lid.

The first thing she reached for was her necklace filled with charms gifted to her by very important people in her life. Even though she wears and looks at the charms every day, Everly couldn't fight the sadness she felt when looking at Neal's silver sword charm. Every time she looked at it, she felt as though she was transported to the day she met him before she remembered the last day she shared with him. The Jones girl longed for him to come back, even if it was just for a moment. So much time passed since Neal was taken from her, and yet it felt like it was just yesterday. After letting out another long sigh, Everly secured her necklace around her neck before slipping Milah's ring on her finger.

The only items left in the jewelry box were two leather bracelets. One with a golden sun in the center and the other with a white feather. Everly fought the tears forming in her eyes as she reached for her bracelet, only for her to notice something on the inside of it. Confusion flowed through her veins as she flipped it over, only for her blood to run cold when she noticed an engraving. I love you. Always and forever. Everly quickly wiped away the single tear rolling down her cheek before she put the bracelets on her wrists and slipped Roland's arrowhead into her pocket.

After she had everything she needed, Everly closed the jewelry box and turned toward the door, only for her to jump out of her skin when she found Sam sitting up in his bed with his eyes on her. "You're up early."

"I'm meeting Will," was all the Jones girl said in response, knowing that her brother wouldn't like her answer.

Before Sam had a chance to say a word, a small snore cut through the silence. The Jones siblings turned their attention toward Katherine just in time to see her turn over in her bed before settling into a new position. If it were Killian, he would be wide awake and yelling at them for waking him up so early. Luckily, Granny was kind enough to give them another room so the pirate captain had one for himself.

"You're meeting with Scarlet? Again?" Sam questioned, drawing Everly's attention back to him before she sent him a small nod in response, "you can't replace Robin, you know."

The Jones girl's body instantly tensed at the sound of the Merry Man's name. She would never admit to missing him and Roland aloud, knowing that Regina was having a far worse time with the situation than she was. But like always, Sam saw straight through her act. He knew how close she and Robin were before he was forced to leave, and he knew it was affecting her more than she let on.