𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐒

────── ★★★ ──────

Everly landed on the ground with a loud thought, getting the wind knocked out of her. She just lay there and took in a deep breath before looking over at Henry. It didn't surprise her to find her nephew lying face down in the dirt. Traveling through portals would never be an easy task. Both of them stayed on the ground for a moment longer before finally forcing themselves to their feet.

The Jones girl couldn't help but look around at the forest with irritation in her eyes, not liking that she was once again trapped in a magical world. It reminded her too much of Neverland, especially since they had no idea what was about to happen. Beside her, Henry was looking at the world much differently. A large grin formed on his lips as he spun around to take in all of their surroundings.

"So this is what the Enchanted Forest looks like," Henry muttered under his breath just loud enough for Everly to hear.

The Purest Heart looked over at her nephew with confusion in her eyes. "You've never been here before?"

"The only magical realm I've been to is Neverland, and that wasn't very fun."

Everly had her bite her tongue to avoid saying what she wanted to say. Deep down she knew this wasn't going to be the fun adventure Henry was imagining, but she didn't want to ruin it for him. Instead, she made her way over to a nearby table to look at the handmade vases. Her fingers ran over the small details as she did her best to calm her raging emotions. When she looked back over at Henry to make sure he was still nearby, she found him staring at a sword in awe. A small smile formed on Everly's lips as she watched her nephew for a moment before turning her attention back to the vase.

"Feel like a real hero now? Don't get used to it," The sound of the familiar voice made the Purest Heart's smile drop. She instantly turned around to face the Mills boy, only to find Isaac standing in front of him. Before Everly had a chance to think, the Author swung a shield at Henry's head, knocking him out cold. The raven-haired man stared at the brunette boy for a moment before looking over at Everly. "You should've stayed in Storybrooke."

"And you shouldn't have done," the Jones girl retaliated while attempting to make a ball of light in her hand, only to fail.

Everly just stared down at her hand for a moment before looking back up at Isaac, only to find a huge grin plastered on his face. Her whole body seemed to freeze as she watched him walk closer to her with the shield still in his hands. "There's no Purest Heart in my world."