𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘

────── ★★★ ──────

Emma and Everly didn't say a word to each other as they drove toward their destination. The Jones girl could tell that something was bothering her sister, but she didn't have the energy to be dragged into another problem. All her focus needed to be on saving Katherine and figuring out a way to stop Vincent before the situation gets worse. Once she's finished with her own problems, then Everly will help everyone else sort out theirs.

It wasn't long before the truck pulled to a stop, causing Everly to jump out of the truck and look around at her surroundings. She was surprised to find a bridge in front of them instead of a cabin but quickly realized that David made a smart call. They would've easily been spotted if they drove up to the cabin in the truck.

"Gold's cabin's up ahead. We go on foot from here," the Swan woman announced as she and her sister began walking toward the bridge with their parents right behind them.

"Anything from Hook? You think he's managed to turn Ursula yet?" Mary Margaret asked, earning a confused look from Everly while Emma let out a long sigh.

"If she hasn't turned him," David muttered under his breath, causing the Jones girl to send him an annoyed look, "well, he kinda went to a dark place this morning."

"Do you blame him?" Emma retaliated, drawing everyone's attention back to her before she continued speaking, "if Gold did to me what he did to Hook, I'd wanna shove that dagger through his heart, too."

Mary Margaret just stared at the Savior with a concerned look in her eyes until finding the courage to respond. "Emma, that's not you."

"It's also not Killian," Everly declared as she turned around to face her parents, causing everyone to stop in their tracks, "Emma's just saying she understands where he's coming from. And I do, too."

Silence surrounded the family as they stared at each other with mixed emotions on their faces. That continued for what felt like an eternity before Emma opened her mouth to speak. "Come on. Gold might not hurt a kid. But August? Who knows what he'll do to him."

As soon as the Swan woman finished speaking, she turned around and resumed her journey to Gold's cabin. Everly hesitated for a moment as she watched her parents share a worried look. Despite wanting to question the two of them, the Jones girl followed Emma. It was more important to her to get this over with so she had a chance at saving Katherine. For once, the family drama would have to wait.

It wasn't long before they finally made it to Gold's cabin, causing a wave of joy to wash over Everly. The Jones girl stood behind Emma as she kicked the door open and walked inside with her sister right behind her. The first thing that caught Everly's attention was August tied to a chair before she spotted Katherine passed out in the corner. The Purest Heart didn't waste a second as she rushed toward her redheaded friend while Emma faced Cruella De Vil.