𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐄

────── ★★★ ──────

After coming up with a quick plan with Sam, Everly teleported the two of them to the warehouse. They stood side-by-side in front of the abandoned building, neither of them really wanting to go inside. However, they both knew that this was the only way to get Katherine's heart back and they didn't know what Vincent would do if they refused his terms. So after letting out long sighs, Everly and Sam walked into the eerie-looking building.

Chills ran up and down Everly's spine when they were greeted by the faint sound of a beating heart. That caused her to look up at Sam, only to find him staring back at her with worry in his eyes. The two of them just stood there for what felt like an eternity passed before they walked further inside the warehouse. It wasn't long after that when a very familiar voice cut through the air.

"Welcome!" The Jones siblings quickly turned around to find Vincent standing near a table that held a box that was simply labeled Katherine. The smirk on the McKay boy's face did nothing but grow as his eyes flashed between Everly and Sam. "I'm so happy you were able to join me."

"It doesn't have to be like this, Vincent," the Jones girl said while trying to ignore all of the emotions bubbling up inside her. It didn't help that the raven-haired boy was staring back at her with a look in his eyes that reminded her of Peter Pan. "Just give us her heart back and we can talk about this."

"I will give you the heart," Vincent announced, causing a hint of hope to appear in Sam's eyes, only for it to fade after watching the McKay boy's smirk grow, "but you'll have to make a trade for it."

"What do you want?" Everly questioned, already knowing she wouldn't like the answer.

"You."

"No way!" Sam exclaimed after grabbing his sister's arm and pulling her protectively behind him.

While Sam and Vincent glared at each other, all Everly could think about was the scared look in Katherine's eyes. The Jones girl wasn't prepared to lose anyone else, no matter what the cost was. After letting out a shaky breath, Everly grabbed Sam's wrist and pulled him out of earshot of Vincent. "I need to do this."

"Are you crazy?"

"You need to get the heart back to Katherine before it's too late," was all Everly said in response before Sam just stared at her. That continued for a long moment before he sent the Jones girl a small nod and pulled her in for a tight hug. The two of them stayed like that for what felt like an eternity before Everly whispered into his ear. "If I haven't escaped by tomorrow, come back for me and don't come alone. And...I'm sorry for overreacting when I found out about your mother. You didn't deserve that."