𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

────── ★★★ ──────

"Mom! I knew you'd still be here!" Henry exclaimed after they entered the log that Regina and Katherine called home. Even though Henry wasn't surprised to find the duo there, Everly was. She thought they'd be out of the realm by now. But then again, it was Isaac's story and no hero got a happy ending.

"You again?" Regina responded without even bothering to hide the annoyance in her voice, "listen, we don't have time for stories. We need to hit the road before the Evil Queen has my head."

"Wait, I brought someone else this time," the Mills boy explained as Emma walked into the log, "maybe you'll listen to her."

While Emma and Regina just stared at each other in silence, Everly walked out of the log and into the forest. She was already having a hard time wrapping her head around everything and the small space wasn't helping. The Jones girl felt her breathing quicken as more tears threatened to escape. She knew she needed to get herself together to help Emma and Henry, but she didn't think she could. Not after losing Killian and Sam.

"Do you guys ever give up?" a voice asked her, causing Everly to turn around to find Katherine walking toward her. When the Jones girl didn't respond, the archer let out a long sigh and continued speaking. "Why are you so desperate?"

"Why am I so desperate?" Everly repeated without bothering to hide the anger and sadness in her voice, something that took the redheaded girl off guard. The Jones girl let the silence surround them for a moment as she did her best to calm her emotions. But it wasn't long before she felt her feelings get the better of her as she opened her mouth to speak. "I'm 'desperate' because I just lost the first two people I ever considered family! I couldn't do anything to help them! And the worst part is that my father and friend were the ones that killed them! That's why I'm so 'desperate,' Katherine!"

All the emotion faded from the Scott girl's face as she stared at the girl in front of her. "How do you know that name?"

"Because I know you!" Everly exclaimed, tired of the messed up world that Isaac dragged them into, "you are part of my family! And I'm getting pretty sick and tired of this reality!"

Before their conversation could continue, they heard a rustling in the bushes. Everly and Katherine didn't hesitate to draw our bows and aim their arrows at the rustling bushes. It wasn't long after that when a familiar boy came out of the bushes with his hands raised in the air.

Shock replaced all other emotions in the Jones girl's body as she slowly lowered her bow. "Pierce?"

"What do you want, Hood?" Katherine hissed without bothering to hide the annoyance in her voice as she lowered her bow.