𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

────── ★★★ ──────

The teens didn't stay much longer at the warehouse, wanting to get away from that place as fast as they could. Instead of going back to Granny's, they decided to go to the loft to meet up with everyone and figure out what happened in their absence. However, what they didn't expect to find was Emma, Mary Margaret, David, and Killian sitting around the dining room table with different expressions on each of their faces. It surprised Everly even more when she saw the anger and hatred in her sister's eyes as she stared at their parents.

"This whole time, I was right. You were lying," Emma broke the silence surrounding them as her eyes bounced between David and Mary Margaret, "I wanted to believe you. I wanted to believe in you."

The shock and confusion within Everly continued to grow as she looked between her sister and their parents. What made everything even worse was seeing the guilt and hurt on both David's and Mary Margaret's faces. It made the Jones girl silently wish she had been around to hear the beginning of the conversation she and her friends were clearly interrupting.

"We were just," the Nolan man paused as he looked away from Emma and down at his fidgeting fingers, "trying to protect you."

"Emma," Everly called out, drawing everyone's attention toward the teens for the first time since they entered the loft. The Jones girl forced herself to swallow the lump in her throat as soon as her sister's eyes were on her. They were filled with something Everly never imagined they could hold. Darkness. "Are you okay?"

"No. I'm not okay," Emma snapped, shocking everyone even more as she slowly got to her feet, "I gotta go."

Tears continued to form in the Savior's eyes as she walked toward the door, passing Everly, Sam, Katherine, and Pierce without even looking at them. Emma was about to walk out the door when Mary Margaret called out to her, making the Swan woman stop in her tracks. "Please, stop. I'm your mother."

A single tear ran down Emma's cheek as she slowly turned to look the Blanchard woman in the eyes. "I don't care."

────── ★★★ ──────

A week passed since Everly warned Felix about Vincent's threat. She went to their meeting place every day since then, but he never showed up. Despite Sam trying to convince her that he was okay, the Jones girl couldn't help but worry that something happened to him. And for the first time in her entire life on Neverland, Everly found herself wanting Pan to be victorious.