𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄

────── ★★★ ──────

Everly sat beside Sam on the steps as they sailed back to the mainland. Once again, the Jones girl couldn't help but smile as the ocean breeze greeted her. She never realized how much she truly missed her life on the Jolly Roger. Maybe when she got back to Storybrooke, she could start sailing again. Hopefully, she wouldn't be chasing around another villain and she'd actually have time to.

"Thank you for your help, Killian," Emma said, drawing Everly's attention over to them just in time to see a hint of red appear on the pirate captain's cheeks.

"Uh, yeah, of course," the Jones man responded after swallowing the lump forming in his throat, "I'm pleased you've regained your, uh, freedom."

The Purest Heart's eyebrow rose as she looked over at Sam with confusion in her eyes. "Why is he talking like he's never seen a woman in his life?"

"Because Emma's the first woman he's actually talked to," the Jones boy responded, causing them to uncontrollably laugh.

However, their joyful moment is soon cut short by a loud crash in the distance followed by an equally loud roar. Everly instantly jumped to her feet and looked back toward the island they left behind, only for her blood to run cold. Sitting on top of the tower that was once Emma's prison was a dragon.

"Why can't anything be simple?!" the Jones girl shouted after watching the dragon take to the sky and begin flying toward them.

"Henry, Everly, get below now!" Emma ordered without taking her eyes off the beast coming at them.

"You too, Sam!" Killian added while trying and failing to hide the fear in his voice.

The Jones boy hoped the hatch that led below deck without an ounce of hesitation before gesturing for Everly and Henry to go inside. While the Mills boy quickly jumped in, his aunt hesitated as she looked back at her sister. Normally she would at least attempt to persuade Emma to let her help, but this time felt different. So instead she followed her nephew before Sam jumped in and closed the hatch behind him.

"What was that?" Sam whispered as if he was afraid the monster would hear them.

"A dragon," Henry answered in a tone that made it seem like it should've been the most obvious thing in the world.

"Why is there a dragon?!"

"Because this is the Enchanted Forest. Everything tries to kill you here," Everly said as the Author's words replayed in her head, completely unaware of the confused look the blonde boy was sending her way.