𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐃

────── ★★★ ──────

It wasn't long after she finished her walk with Will when Everly headed back to the diner. As soon as she walked through the door, she found Sam and Katherine sitting with Pierce at a booth. The Jones girl just stared at the back of the raven-haired boy's head for a long moment before letting out a long sigh. Despite wanting to turn around and walk out the door, Everly walked through the diner and sat down next to Pierce. Not even a second after the Purest Heart sat down passed when the Kai boy slid an envelope over to her.

"What's this?" Everly asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice as she picked up the envelope.

"Read it and see," was all Pierce said in response, causing the Jones girl to roll her eyes at him before opening the envelope to reveal a letter.

I'm so excited to see you again, Everly. It's been far too long. Meet me in the warehouse at the docks at 3:30. I can't wait to see you.

Vincent

P.S. Come alone.

Everly kept her eyes glued to the note before looking up at Pierce, only to find him smirking back at her. The next thing she knew Sam snatched the paper from her so he and Katherine could read it. The Jones girl watched them for a long moment before turning her attention back to the boy sitting next to her.

"This has to be a joke," Everly declared, only for the smirk on Pierce's face to grow as he shook his head in response, "I still don't get how you know him. I know for a fact that you were never on Neverland."

"That's my business," the Kai boy told her before looking up at the clock on the wall behind Sam and Katherine, "you better hurry. You only have ten minutes."

"After everything you told me about this guy, there's no way you're going alone," Katherine declared while Sam continued to stare at the note with an unreadable expression on his face.

"It's better for you to follow his directions," Pierce retaliated as he looked between Everly and Sam, "I'm sure you remember how he can get when he doesn't get his way."

A million thoughts swam through the Jones girl's head as she looked over at her brother, only to find him staring at her with no emotion in his eyes. He kept his gaze glued to her for a moment longer before opening his mouth to speak. "You can't seriously be considering going."

"I need to, Sam," Everly replied with a determined look in her eyes. The two of them continued to stare at each other for what felt like an eternity before the Jones girl stood up and walked out the door. Despite knowing that meeting with Vincent was something she had to do, the Purest Heart couldn't help but feel she was making the biggest mistake of her life.