Rotten Luck

Hey everyone!! I hope you enjoy this story please comment, vote, etc!!

*Fred's POV*

Tents burst into flames around us as hooded figures approached, I grabbed one of the girls' hands and started running towards the tree line in the distance. Next to me George was running with the other girl, I stopped short and pulled whoever I had into a hug as we huddled behind a tree, George was huddled behind a tree a few feet away from us. I looked down and saw Riley Wood clutching to my night shirt, I smiled down at her as she glanced up at me with a crooked grin that always made my heart skip a beat.

"I didn't know there would be a fire show," She joked trying to break the tension. I laughed slightly and glanced at George who was now obviously holding Ginny.

George looked up at us and sighed, "should we keep running?"

I nodded as I straightened up with Riley, we began running towards the portkey as our father instructed, Ron and the others were supposed to be right behind us but we lost them at some point. We reached the deserted hill with the old boot we used to arrive at the quidditch world cup, George patted my back and frowned slightly, no one else was here.

"Where is everyone else?" Ginny frowned as she looked around for a sign of our dad or anyone.

I shrugged and tried to catch my breath, "we made it back. Should we take it and go home or should we hide in the bushes and wait for them?"

George rubbed his neck as a jet of sparks was thrown into the sky and the dark mark appeared high in the sky-the snake slithering threateningly from the skull as it lurked in the sky.

"Is that what I think it is?" Riley whispered as we stared into the sky, I felt her hand grasp mine tightly and begin shaking.

I looked down at her as she stared at the sky in pure terror, she looked at me and I saw the panic etched all over her face. "We need to get out of here, now."

I shook my head, "we should wait for everyone else, Riley."

She began shaking her head frantically, "no we need to go now! What if they're on their way here?!"

I placed my hands on her shoulders and cupped her chin, making her look me in the eyes, "I won't let anyone hurt you alright? I promise."

Riley slowly nodded and pulled away, "you can wait but I'm going to take Ginny with me."

I sighed as she grabbed Ginny's hand, "give the others five minutes alright?"

Riley bit her lower lip and sighed, George placed his hand on her shoulder soothingly and she slowly nodded as she let go of Ginny's hand. "Five minutes exactly."

We sat on the knoll and waited quietly, our wands out and ready if people decided to come and attack us. When the five minutes were up Riley jumped to her feet and was about to grab the porkey when dad, Ron, Harry, and Hermione came into view, Riley ran to Harry and hugged him tightly before turning and hugging the others. They told us everything before we grabbed the porkey which transported us to the woods by the borrow, I grabbed Riley's hand as we walked, my heart did a flip when she didn't pull away. I could feel the sweat start in my palm and I blushed slightly, I just hoped she believed it was due to the summer heat and not just her.

"If you're not comfortable holding my hand you could always let go," Riley whispered as she glanced at our hands.

I shook my head and blushed, "it's just this heat."

Riley smirked but didn't say a word as she tightened her grip. I fancied Riley Wood, Oliver Wood's little sister, she was beautiful with her straight, brown hair that came right down to her shoulders. Her bright green eyes were so mesmerizing that I would get lost in them just looking at her sometimes. The only problem was that she was fourteen while I was sixteen and being the little sister of Wood made her mostly unapproachable. Oliver was completely protective of her, and the fact that she was able to watch the world cup with us was a miracle, but since Oliver was hoping to be recruited he thought it was a good idea for her to be with people who weren't preoccupied. Luckily for me, Ron had invited her along with us.

We reached the borrow and I frowned slightly, "I suppose Wood will want you to be home."

Riley shrugged, "if he does he can send me an owl. Until then I'd like to stay here."

My chest filled with joy at her words and I couldn't help but smile graciously at her, she was so incredibly beautiful. I noticed the small amount of freckles across her nose and smiled, she couldn't be more incredibly good looking.