Chapter 5

Hermione
I was sitting in the corner of the small room reading another book that I had Accioed from my dormitory. As I was quietly reading my book, I felt someone staring at me. I glanced up, and Drac-Malfoy's silver, stormy eyes locked with my brown, calm ones. We stayed there for a while.
He really is something different. His chiseled jaw made him look very strong. His powerful, gentle, muscular arms made you feel safe when they wrapped around you. His silvery eyes changed as his feelings changed. When he was happy, they would make you melt as they reflected the moon. When he was angry, they could make you feel like you're in the middle of a dangerous storm. When he was
sad, they looked as if you could drown in those rivers of molten silver.
The way his eyes looked at you... the way his eyes could stare deep into your soul, that was what gets me every time. He could understand me in a way no one could.
He was intelligent and understanding.
He was protective and caring.
He was Draco Malfoy.
The same Draco Malfoy that I thought was a Death Eater not too long ago.
The same Draco Malfoy that I thought was a murderer, a criminal, and a horrid person.
He was the same Draco Malfoy that I might be falling for.
But he could never have feelings for a mudblood like me. Dirty and impure. All he thinks of me are those two words. I can't fall for someone like that.
I snapped back into reality as I realized this would be a great time to tease him,"Are you finished staring Malfoy? Take a picture...it'll last longer." I smirked.

1 hour later
I got a bit bored with my book if that was even possible. I craned my head to see the Mirror of Erised. As I stood up, I realized I didn't know much about the enchanted Mirror and gazed at my reflection which immediately changed. I remembered that Draco was looking at it a little bit earlier and he was almost laughing at what he saw.
My eyes pierced the mirror and it showed me a man with blonde hair reading the Daily Profit at a dining table in the kitchen and a brown haired woman smiling while making pancakes. There was a small girl with blonde hair sitting in a high chair at the table, giggling and a brown haired boy who was around Hogwarts age siting down at the table across from the man and laughing.
I laughed at the sight.
For a second I actually believed it was Draco and I with a family.
For a second I believed I could be more than an unworthy enemy to Draco.
For a second I forgot Dumbledore's words to Harry.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams."