Chapter 23

Hermione
"HELP!!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!" I screamed with all my might.
I was sad and angry at Draco. He locked me in a room to "protect" me and he betrayed me.
"HELP ME!!"
The door started to rattle.
"Stand back!" A voice yelled.
I stepped to the side as the door was blasted off its hinges by Neville Longbottom.
"Thanks Neville!"
"Go get em!" He smiled.
I dodged past the spells fired by both sides and snaked my way through the corridors and finally reached the Astronomy Tower.
I hid behind a pillar and was ready to jump if I needed to help someone.
I saw the Headmaster looking out into the stars with calm eyes.
"Albus Dumbledore." A voice shrilled. I knew in an instant it was Bellatrix Lestrange.
"Ah, Bella! It's been so long." He said gravely.
"It's over!" Her smile dropped at his calmness
Draco stepped out of the shadows and raised his wand to Dumbledore.
"Do you really want this Draco?" Dumbledore said.
Draco hesitated, "I have no choice, it's me or you!"
"Do it boy!!!!" Bellatrix pressured.
"You don't have to do it, it's never too late to turn good again." Dumbledore protested.
"Now!!" Bellatrix screamed.
Draco closed his eyes, his hands were shaking like mad, his wand couldn't find a steady target.
Out of nowhere Snape came and snatched the wand out of Draco's trembling hands.
He pointed it to Dumbledore.
"Severus. Severus, no." Dumbledore begged for the first time in his life.
I stood there watching as one of my teachers threatened to kill my Headmaster.
"Good bye Dumbledore." Snape said.
"Avada Kedavra!" He yelled.
I closed my eyes to the horrors as Snape said those two unforgivable words.
"NOOOOOOO!!!!" A scream came out of somewhere and there was a thud.
I opened my eyes to accept the reality of my life and saw that the Headmaster was still standing, but another body lay limp on the floor.
I couldn't see who it was, but Dumbledore was standing on the edge of the tower with his hands covering his face.
"You missed!! You hit HIM instead, you idiot!!" Bellatrix scolded Snape,
"The Dark Lord will not appreciate this. You must finish off what you started!
Kill him!!"
I watched dumbfounded as Snape said Wingardium Leviosa and flung Dumbledore into the night sky.
Bellatrix cackled and ordered the group to take over the rest of the castle.
I slowly walked over to the body that lay limp on the floor.
I stopped in my tracks when I saw the body on the floor.
My knees gave way as I recognized the platinum haired boy that I was in love with was dead on the floor.