Chapter 7

Hermione
I remembered last night as a blur.  I was telling Draco about Harry and Ron and my stupid life and I ended up telling him how much I hate him and he was apologizing and I remembered crying and hugging him. But I don't remember getting into bed. I stirred and turned, finding Draco sleeping peacefully beside me. He looked so vulnerable and calm. His hair was shaggy and out of its usual perfection. His Slytherin uniform, crumpled. His face. so sweet and peaceful. Next thing I knew he was murmuring something,"Please. Please.  Let her go! Take me instead! Please! No. No, no, no, no, NOOO!!" He suddenly jumped out of bed, trying to catch his breath. He ran a hand through his platinum locks. "I'm so sorry, did I scare you? I didn't mean to. What did I do exactly?" He said jumbling his words. "I...I uh. You...um...you were mumbling the word please over and over and um... telling someone to 'let her go' and take you instead and then you woke up screaming um...no." I stumbled around my words, looking at him in utter shock and confusion. His face paled, paler than usual."Um...I...uh... I can't really tell you much." he said.

I patted the bed next to me and motioned him to sit down next to me. He obliged. "So, who is she? What is she like?" I pressed. I honestly was kind of sad, but quickly brushed it off and put on a smile. He looked at me with those piercing silver eyes,"Well, she is like you." He stated. I was shocked. He liked a girl that was like me. Wow. "She has curly brown hair that looks like a brown waterfall. And beautiful chocolate brown eyes. She even has a similar smile to yours." He chuckled. This girl sounded just like me. But Malfoy couldn't like me. He just couldn't. "But unfortunately, I don't think she likes me back." He sighed. I looked at him with concern,"Well, why not? I mean aren't you THE Draco Malfoy, the guy every girl wants to be with."
"Wow, Granger. Getting desperate are we?" He smirked. I blushed.
"I don't think she likes me because I'm a horrible person and besides my family would never approve of her." He shook his head.
I looked at him and patted his shoulder and left to sit down with a book.
3 hours later...5 pm ish
I glanced up to find Draco staring at me,"What?" I asked.
"Nothing, come with me will you?" He walked across the room and helped me up. Draco grasped my hand and pulled me to the Mirror of Erised. He tugged on my hand gently as he guided me across the room. "I want to ask you something. What do you see in that mirror?" Malfoy questioned.
I looked hard at the mirror. I saw my friends. My friends before Harry and Ron got wrapped up in the war. We were happy and we were friends. I saw Harry, Ginny, and Ron hugging me. But I also saw another figure, a lanky, but muscular figure, I saw Draco Malfoy hugging us all.